Has GTA enthusiasm declined over the last 5 years?

#1 Posted by adamh1981 (788 posts) -

I swear 5 years ago back in 2008 the anticipation and constant postings for GTAIV, even wthin these gamespot forums, was so intense that it was literally impossible to keep track of ones own thread given the sheer speed it would disappear off the first page within minutes.

Here we got threads on the first page dating back to November 2012. And this forum covers both platforms aswell now.

#2 Posted by jcopp72 (5341 posts) -
It probably would have more posts around here if @Zoomer30 didnt jump into every thread and run down everyone that get excited for the game. Every thread turns into an argument with him.
#3 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

It could be the fact that the last GTA game came out over 5 years ago, that would cause a decline in interest in any frachise. But then its better than games like Call of Duty, where they are releasing a new one 6 times a year or so.

People need to be logical about what they get excited about. Just becasue I dont wet my pants and get excited everytime Pacther makes a witless guess or everytime someone sees the words GTA V and release date somewhere on the net does not mean I am not excited. I want the game. Im just not gonna be a lemming for the Internets amusement.

#4 Posted by TAGGER_SK8ER101 (1866 posts) -

It could be the fact that the last GTA game came out over 5 years ago, that would cause a decline in interest in any frachise.Zoomer30

With all the DLC these days, I think you can expect the release gaps to stay that way.

#5 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

GTA is the Gran Turismo of open world shooters. They are big,  they take a long time. And add to that the lack of news and people have issues getting excited.  People get excited when they have a solid release date. 

#6 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

It probably would have more posts around here if @Zoomer30 didnt jump into every thread and run down everyone that get excited for the game. Every thread turns into an argument with him.jcopp72

Word.

Nah i'm still as excited for the game as ever. Just don't come on here much cuz that fool zoomer keep sayin the same sh*t over an over an over. I know he just talk out of his ass, but dude annoying as hell to say the least.