GTA V PC Release Ensured?

#1 Posted by AJC95 (1 posts) -
So since the game's release had been pushed back significantly, do you think this means that a PC version could / will be released alongside the console versions? I, for one, sincerely hope so. Your thoughts?
#2 Posted by Intensity101 (4 posts) -
Don't hold your breath....
#3 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Rockstars behavior has only confirmed one thing...... Nothing is confirmed until it is.  And even then it's not.  

#4 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

The delay (sorry hit the enter key by mistake) has caused a whole bunch of of next generation rumors and theories to pop up. Some go as far as to say the game wilk release on the current gen in September - October and release on the next gen in November. The of course would make the current gen version pointless.  

#5 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

it wouldnt make current gen release pointless there is still alot of money to be made on current gen it would have a bigger audience

#6 Posted by Motokid6 (5730 posts) -

GTA has never come out for PC along side consoles in the past.. so im not surprised by this, but I am disappointed as I am a PC user. My 360 gets used for Forza and thats about it... BUT.. as long as GTAV does come out for the PC I am ok with that. Whether it be at the same time or a year later.

#7 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

From what I have been reading, there is no PC or Wii U version at this time.  At some point it will most likely come out on the PC, just not any time soon. Just not enough money in doing a PC version when you consider how few people can afford to build a PC that could handle it.  

#10 Posted by cablemodemx2 (861 posts) -

From what I have been reading, there is no PC or Wii U version at this time.  At some point it will most likely come out on the PC, just not any time soon. Just not enough money in doing a PC version when you consider how few people can afford to build a PC that could handle it.  

Zoomer30

Given that the current-gen version of the game will be running on both the 360 and the PS3, I wouldn't imagine a PC capable of handling it would actually cost that much. Of course, if it's as badly optimized a port as GTA IV was, then I'm all with the idea that it's going to take a beast of a machine to work past the lack of opmtimization.

They'd actually be better off releasing the next-gen version, if there's to be one, for the PS4 the Xbone and PC, as the newer consoles are going to be closer in line to PC architecture, and might potentially suffer less optimization problems because of it.

In any case, I'll be grabbing it for the PS3 upon release, and when the PC version comes along, all the better.