GTA 5. What can we expect?

#1 Posted by TheSaviorJD (3 posts) -
Honestly, people are getting so butt hurt over the release date, that we're forgetting something. Rockstar has only made games more realistic. Aka, getting rid of the fun things. San Andreas to GTA 4 is good proof of that. We went from the coolest customization, and so many things to do. To.. pick a nice plaid shirt. Get a nice little baseball hat, maybe some sunglasses as customization. And your activities? Bowling, darts, and pool. Bicycles? Cheats to make your character look hilarious? Tattoos? Nah. But at least you can walk through a pretty looking city, right? Yeah, I'm sorry, but Rockstar is taking a realistic approach to everything. Red Dead Redemption is another example. I loved it. Totally did. But did it honestly do anything really AMAZING? Ride a horse across the western landscape. Shoot different gangs. Lasso up some horses. Liars Dice, Poker, Blackjack, and you can get drunk for about five seconds and stumble around. Customization? You cna choose from default outfits. I mean, I could be wrong. But I haven't heard any ground breaking news about this game. I notice in the trailer, it looks AMAZING. As in, the landscape looks beautiful! But at what cost? What did we lose now? Not saying I won't get the game, I just don't know why every time Rockstar releases another GTA, every little GTA fan throws a **** storm. PS: I know, Undead Nightmare. It was cool. So before anyone goes there, I give them credit where credit is due. If they do that with GTA 5, I'll eat my words. Reminder: This is just my feelings on it, don't feel the need to go. "UMGAWD BUT U GET HELICUPTERS AND STUF"
#2 Posted by Zelda187 (1047 posts) -

A lot of things need to change in the next GTA.

For starters, give me more than a few clothes shops and fast food restaurants to explore. I'm tired of Rockstar creating these huge open cities and I can only go inside of like 8 buildings.

Add some creativity to the missions. I think pretty much everyone is tired of simply driving from point A to point B, hopping out of your car and shooting some guy, then driving back to point A.

And obviously, more customization. Like you said, San Andreas had loads of customization. And then GTAV gets released on new generation systems with advanced capabilities, and we get a stripped down, bare bones GTA for some reason.

#3 Posted by kbcustomz (122 posts) -

but consider gta4 was on next gen consoles and using the rage engine for the first time with gta and it was in liberty city, or new york there is nothing open or un crowded about the place

#4 Posted by Mongscast (1 posts) -
Hey I am new to this community and I think the ideas and theory's put across are pretty cool but I have made a video on you-tube showing my thoughts on a quick GTA V video as start of my new GTA V talk about series please do give me feedback for many episodes to come. If so I will give a shout-out to the ideas I find most appealing. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjeWAtp0H1M Feed back from the public helps me grow a larger Information gallery on the hit title GTA V , Sorry for the short video but that's why I need help from the public to enhance how it is portrait, Many Thanks In Advance :D :D
#5 Posted by GD-1369211121 (4086 posts) -

I want planes! An active airport would be cool as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for a PC release though, always buy these style of games on PC, so much modding possibility. GTA San Andreas is till the best GTA ever made in my opinion, so much content, so much customization, so many things you can do. GTA IV took away some of those features, and that was what disappointed me. I'm thinking Tenpenny may be making a return in GTA V, one of my favorite characters in the series.

#6 Posted by kbcustomz (122 posts) -

officer tenpenny was killed in san andreas at the end

#7 Posted by GD-1369211121 (4086 posts) -

officer tenpenny was killed in san andreas at the end

kbcustomz
CJ never shot him at the end, which leaves me to think that he might still be alive.
#8 Posted by kbcustomz (122 posts) -

hes dead

#9 Posted by Kaboom5 (481 posts) -

Tenpenny is dead cj kicked his body to make sure.

#10 Posted by wymerm1 (8 posts) -

Well Rockstar has a bit of a problem with making things "more fun". There is another game out there (saints row) where all the mayham and fun is in. There is unrealistic mayham and fun. Customization and tattoos. Pretty much everything you said. Now Saints row is always been branded as a copy machine of GTA. Now GTA is obvisoly a better game with better graphics and storylines but the "fun" is honestly dying out. They make games more realistic to give a better feel. They could possibly put in body cutomization as in muscles, tattoos, clothes, and hair. Because you can do that in real life. Car cutomization could be in but honestly, it takes days to put minor cutomizations in a car. So they could make it to where you could upgrade the cars performance and color and look put it could advance a couple days which really doesnt mattter. And for the weapons, i would love some for rockstar to go back to the flamethrowers and miniguns. Add more melee weapons  (boxing gloves, chainsaw, axes, and a weapon gamespot wont let me put on here, etc.). They could add those but again they dont want to be looked at like a copy of saints row. Which i dont think it would be. They would just be going back to the vintage. :) Well those are my thoughts. :)

#11 Posted by AvengedSixfold (80 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheSaviorJD"]Honestly, people are getting so butt hurt over the release date, that we're forgetting something. Rockstar has only made games more realistic. Aka, getting rid of the fun things. San Andreas to GTA 4 is good proof of that. We went from the coolest customization, and so many things to do. To.. pick a nice plaid shirt. Get a nice little baseball hat, maybe some sunglasses as customization. And your activities? Bowling, darts, and pool. Bicycles? Cheats to make your character look hilarious? Tattoos? Nah. But at least you can walk through a pretty looking city, right? Yeah, I'm sorry, but Rockstar is taking a realistic approach to everything. Red Dead Redemption is another example. I loved it. Totally did. But did it honestly do anything really AMAZING? Ride a horse across the western landscape. Shoot different gangs. Lasso up some horses. Liars Dice, Poker, Blackjack, and you can get drunk for about five seconds and stumble around. Customization? You cna choose from default outfits. I mean, I could be wrong. But I haven't heard any ground breaking news about this game. I notice in the trailer, it looks AMAZING. As in, the landscape looks beautiful! But at what cost? What did we lose now? Not saying I won't get the game, I just don't know why every time Rockstar releases another GTA, every little GTA fan throws a **** storm. PS: I know, Undead Nightmare. It was cool. So before anyone goes there, I give them credit where credit is due. If they do that with GTA 5, I'll eat my words. Reminder: This is just my feelings on it, don't feel the need to go. "UMGAWD BUT U GET HELICUPTERS AND STUF"

I agree 100% with this, this is the reason I didn't like GTA IV that much. After I beat the story twice and got to the highest level in multiplayer I was totally bored with the game. Yet I still go back and play San Andreas from time to time on my PS2 and have a blast every time. There was absolutely no reason to take the fun cheat codes out of the game, especially since they disable trophies so it's not even really like cheating. Even if they disabled saving while the pedestrians riot code was active I would be happy.
#12 Posted by g4m3rau (2 posts) -
This article looks at this exact issue - http://www.gta5cheats.com/what-can-we-expect-from-gta-5/ Personally I am hanging out for some new activities and maybe even co-op play!
#13 Posted by mastermind27 (72 posts) -
To be fair I don't think we should assume anything about GTA V not having some if not all of the things San Andreas had. Bicycles and aircraft will return. You can buy new clothes. Granted some of SA features won't return like the RPG elements and Tattoos but word is there's going to be a lot of side missions and minigames in the game I say let's wait till the game comes out then we can make our judgements
#14 Posted by mastermind27 (72 posts) -

Well Rockstar has a bit of a problem with making things "more fun". There is another game out there (saints row) where all the mayham and fun is in. There is unrealistic mayham and fun. Customization and tattoos. Pretty much everything you said. Now Saints row is always been branded as a copy machine of GTA. Now GTA is obvisoly a better game with better graphics and storylines but the "fun" is honestly dying out. They make games more realistic to give a better feel. They could possibly put in body cutomization as in muscles, tattoos, clothes, and hair. Because you can do that in real life. Car cutomization could be in but honestly, it takes days to put minor cutomizations in a car. So they could make it to where you could upgrade the cars performance and color and look put it could advance a couple days which really doesnt mattter. And for the weapons, i would love some for rockstar to go back to the flamethrowers and miniguns. Add more melee weapons  (boxing gloves, chainsaw, axes, and a weapon gamespot wont let me put on here, etc.). They could add those but again they dont want to be looked at like a copy of saints row. Which i dont think it would be. They would just be going back to the vintage. :) Well those are my thoughts. :)

wymerm1

I agree that SR2 had a lot of good stuff that SA had. But the last game was somewhat disappointing. A lot of the cool mini games were missing and the gangs lacked depth

Hopefully SR will get it's act together cause if GTA V is a rebound from the last game, SR can ill afford another dissapointment.

Anyway the next few months will help tell the tale of what's in store for GTA V. Can't wait to find out.

#16 Posted by TURBO-BURNER (72 posts) -

[QUOTE="wymerm1"]

mastermind27

I agree that SR2 had a lot of good stuff that SA had. But the last game was somewhat disappointing. A lot of the cool mini games were missing and the gangs lacked depth

Hopefully SR will get it's act together cause if GTA V is a rebound from the last game, SR can ill afford another dissapointment.

Anyway the next few months will help tell the tale of what's in store for GTA V. Can't wait to find out.

The thing is I woder how it would be like with Volition and Rockstar Games togethet to make a game and it was set in California

I mean like GTA SA and IV you got; Awesome Texture within the City and Characters aswell as a great storyline within the game,,,, GTA had a big inpact in gaming and got allot out of it ever since they created GTA III and the Series (LSC, SA, VC, VCS)

With SR2 you got Gang Customization, Changes to the apartment, Custom Characters and Custom paint job shops (kinda like SA)

There are Good things and Bad things that could happen to the game or both the franchises

Other than that I hope GTA V includes some these:

*Custom Paint Shop and Airbrushing

*Resorts and Custom Houses

*Muscle Cars, Lowrider Cars, Exotic Sports Cars and Bomb Cars

*More Places to Access (like Strip Clubs)

*Graffiti

*A Submariene

*More Cheats

*More Gore

*Theme Parks and Easter Eggs (Lol, Not Chocolate Easter Eggs)

*Buy Pets from a shop

*A big shopping center you can rage in

*More Stunt Bonuses

*Big Explotions

(Give more Ideas if you may like)

Yeah, It would be Awesome

#17 Posted by gdawg234 (7 posts) -

Play Saints Row 3 if you want crazy stuff then. I LOVED GTA 4 and hope that GTA 5 continues on the same path

#18 Posted by Slinqy (244 posts) -

Play Saints Row 3 if you want crazy stuff then. I LOVED GTA 4 and hope that GTA 5 continues on the same path

gdawg234
The same path? The same path as in no vehicular and character customization, not nearly as many clothes, guns, and activities, no property purchases, and business-building, no cheats, and gang wars, no vehicular licensing and rewards? I hope GTA V is nothing like GTA IV.
#19 Posted by TURBO-BURNER (72 posts) -

gdawg234

Saints Row 3 was fun, but it isn't that "realistic" and the gameplay from Saints Row 1 and 2 jumped dramaticly into another island and another storyline and gameplay, I hope that doesn't happen... It's gang-like in Saints Row 1 and 2 but Saints Row 3 kinda looked like a playhouse and high tech, mafia, spy game in my opinion

#20 Posted by TURBO-BURNER (72 posts) -

I agree Slinqy, because the gameplay will be less appealing

#21 Posted by sykotik2 (18 posts) -

In the R I trust...I have never yet been disappointed with Rockstar. We all got hooked on this mentally stimulating drug called GTA since III and looking back at the bearclaw like hands on the characters to where we are now..its amazing. Let's face it we already know the missions/story are gonna be great. DLC is gonna be great and we will continue to play it until they give us something new. How many developers can boast of a 5year old game still being played online religiously... (even though those modders piss me off). I simply expect/hope/wish for 2 things 1.a customised radio station where I can play my own music stored on my harddrive as after listening to the same stations year after year gets rather old. 2. Ability to purchase and custom my own car with a usable trunk...for bodies, money, guns etc, vanity tag...since they are all different now..imagine having a locator app on your phone to find your car whereever it is..stolen, impounded..etc. I expect it will be on PC too so they can put me down for 2 copies I xbox ,1 PC....all i need now is the release date so can use a couple of sick days...lol

#22 Posted by RunzWthScissorz (26 posts) -

I couldn' have put it better than sykotik2 just wrote.

Except, I really don't care about customization.

Oh, and I am taking a SICK MONTH off!

#23 Posted by StateOfGrace (96 posts) -
We can expect the greatest game in the history of mankind.
#24 Posted by kaysar17 (8 posts) -
Me too . Sometime people forgot the thing they esxpect !
#25 Posted by Lantz91s (1 posts) -
What they need to do is just basically make it more of a "crime" game. In 4, you could steal cars, shoot guns, and street race. That's all good, but what about robbing a convenience store for a quick couple bucks to pay for some ammo? What if you could get a squad and pull off a heist for a big payout. Bribe a cop to look the other way when you feel the need to stab someone who just hit you with their car. Home invasions even. Would be pretty awesome I think.
#26 Posted by adamvoorhees24 (76 posts) -

Yes I totally agree. If I can't get a tattoo in GTA 5 it will suck. Also, if I can't put rims on my vehicle I will be sooooo upset.

This game will provide 200 hundred hours of solid gameplay. Who gives a crap about tattoos?

#27 Posted by nardhardy (770 posts) -

u know what savior i agree bro,im a big gta fan and i must say i was super excited during the release of gta 4 i brought the special edition and everything,same for gta 5 i have the collectors editon preordered i dunno maybe i need to play through gta 4 again and i will seeing as though i just picked up the complete edition but it wasnt as fun as the 1st 3 especially san andreas,i tell my friends all the time i dunno what it is but its barely anything to do n gta4 i feel and i feel like the more realistic they make it they have a hard time trying to find tons of things for us to do when playing.Here's another thing that concerns me (and yes im just as excited as the next guy) but im concerned about the simple money spending thing,i like how we can customize cares n stuff and buy industries but after making billions what is there really to spend it on and to go broke over?i feel like once we buy industries everything will be easy to buy,pockets wilol be fat as the grand canyon with nothing really appealing to use it on anymore,i think alot of game devs have a hard time tackling ideas on finding plentiful ways for us to spend our money,u buy penthouses,cars,guns,and clothes,industries then what? after we buy all that what exactly would there be to make money earning not feel super stale?maybe im just asking for to much but i do feel like money usage in games is very hard to manage with game devs,but yea gta4 seemed so stripped down with limited access to what we can do aside from the main missions n my opinion but this game looks amazing cant wait!

#28 Posted by nardhardy (770 posts) -

i have faith n R* though,guys remember how interactive bully was? so imagine what can be done with a game of this calibre,like everyone is agreeing to we just need something that will have us sucked in when not doing the main missions.