6 months till gtav ships what you all doing?

#1 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

we have 6 months to wait until rockstar drops this bomb on us what is everyone doing until then, now that the 2 big things (trailer and GI mag) have been and gone?

#2 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Waiting to see how long it will take for people to figure out its longer than 6 months. If they don't announce a release date by mid December I think that will start to make it more clear. Just assuming its May 2013 does not " make it so".

#3 Posted by damaccj5 (1869 posts) -
If we don't have a release date until Jan or Feb then I think it won't be out until Fall 2013. I think once we do get a specific release date, there won't be any delays.
#4 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

In reading the article you can get a sense that they are still fleshing out some of the features, as in" they have not really nailed down what they will do with that yet". We most likely wont be getting a solid release date until May 2013, and I can just feel it being October 2013. BioShock is the primary focus for the first half of 2013, that game as already missed a date. Never mind the fact that GTA V is simply not done. The rather light Trailer 2 we just got was kinda sad considering its been a YEAR since trailer 1. So now that all the big news has dropped, the news wave will dry up again till May, with the announcement that....yep....say it with me folks

"THEY REALLY ARE THAT EVIL"

#5 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

They are a video game company. They are not the work of Satan, put on this planet in order for you to obsessively follow up on every crumb of information that does and doesn't come out in order to get yourself worked up like an eight year old at christmas for over a year.

They don't do it in order to annoy you because you are not the center of the universe. Get the hell over it Zoomer, you sad little man. Evil? What a joke.

#6 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

doesn't matter, it's too far away to take seriously. 

#7 Posted by mastermind27 (72 posts) -

Don't bother with Zoomer30. He's just messing with us. Plus L.A. Noire didn't have a release date by mid-December yet it was released on May so why not GTA V.

#8 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

They already said that it's coming out in Spring 2013. That's been confirmed, so I think it's safe to say that it's six-ish months away. I'm glad it will take this long, that way I'll be able to get these two semesters out of the way without having to resist the temptation of playing GTA and dropping out. Getting to play GTA V will make for a nice graduation celebration.

#9 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Don't bother with Zoomer30. He's just messing with us. Plus L.A. Noire didn't have a release date by mid-December yet it was released on May so why not GTA V.

mastermind27

Yup, finally learned to ignore that joker. I don't get why ppl be mad if it's pushed back anyway. Just means the game will be better.

#10 Posted by mastermind27 (72 posts) -

Good point. That's why some of the game were delayed so Rockstar can deliver the best product possible

#11 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

I've heard of games being done and ready to ship and they decide to hold it till the next quarter. Also, I think some people hear spring and think January. Spring is march April and may. The game still has too much work left to hit that target. We have not even seen any gameplay. 

Just don't get your hopes up, the sig says it all I fear. 

#12 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

all screens and trailers are gameplay so we have seen plenty of it, you dont know wether or not the game is going to be ready zoomer as you dont make the game you cannot claim to know, we have a release window of spring 2013 not october 2013 unless rockstar push it back not because you say so. you are just focusing on the games that have been delayed not the games that have been on target which outnumber, it may very well get delayed for un foreseen circumstances not because they are evil sure they make games for money but they dont delay to piss people off,they delay to make it better for the consumer.

we were going so well lately zoomer but you seem to have fallen back to your old negative, know all ways

#13 Posted by RedChuckz (743 posts) -

I've heard of games being done and ready to ship and they decide to hold it till the next quarter. Also, I think some people hear spring and think January. Spring is march April and may. The game still has too much work left to hit that target. We have not even seen any gameplay. 

Just don't get your hopes up, the sig says it all I fear. 

Zoomer30
Zoomer30 how do you the game has too much work left? Do you work at R* I don't think so just like you were sure it was for next gen system then you got proven wrong about that. I think you one of those people that just thinks the worst in life like the guy said your a sad little man.
#14 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

If you read the article in GI, you see quite a few statements about " trying to figure out that feature" or something to that effect. Just tells me that saying Spring 2013 is a ploy to keep people looking, knowing that it's much longer. Just best in this business to assume your not being told the truth. 

#16 Posted by AllahWHOAkbar (30 posts) -

I'll be graduating this december after going back to school and I will be making up some sweet time withmy XBOX. I am going to first get farcry 3 and then replay through GTA IV, Red Dead, and San Andreas with some Halo 4 and Blops 2 for multyplayer. All that added up should equal out to 6 months

#18 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

zoomer your not in the "business", you are as much of a reliable source as gta5videos is probably worse they have videos you just type boring rants and act like you are a rockstar employee. think negatively little man see where it gets you