The series is starting to get stale *Update* I might of been harsh before and not because of the game

User Rating: 9.1 | Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS2

As I mentioned before I said Sand Andreas was not a great game, it was decent but nothing more than that. You can tell i was angry when writing my previous review as it is all in caps. Now i found the true criminal responsible for everything, my old tv.

I will cut this review short, but the game play is not as repetitive as i said before. Sure many tasks are repeated, but there is a lot to do. And killing has never been this fun before. Even the driving is funner. The game is a lot easier as well and there is hardly a dull moment in cj's life. The story it self is more solid than it can be and has many twist that i did not expect.

The graphics themselves are not anything spectacular, the developers tried really hard to make it as pretty as possible even tho the game already pushed the PS2 to its limits. Even tho character models are covered with jaggedy lines, the animations and voice overs look convincing even with the choppy frame rate. My complaint before was that it was too dark, i soon figured out it was a glare and not the game. Also i saw very little detail before, but i found out i just needed new glasses. I also saw a lot of white lines, but that was just the old tv.

The audio it self is spectacular, the voice overs are great, the voices are convincing, sound effects are convincing, and the city comes to life with the pedestrians all over. The soundtrack it self is great, not as inspiring as vice city's soundtrack, but it can compete with it. Some songs you will just keep on singing to yourself when driving around the city.

Currently the game Is only 20$, which for everything your getting its worth more than what you are paying. I bought this game when it was at full price, and it still was completely worth every cent. Tho there is many actions game out there, this is one of the better ones, and also the best gangster game to date. Tho i was not happy because of the hot coffee scandal, since it almost got me in trouble with my parents. I never seen it and I find it as the biggest drawback in San Andreas. Other than that it superb, but without it could of been better. Now that i played San Andreas without the problems that i faced before i know i was wrong before, and it deserves the title as the best GTA game ever. And i included my full review from before on the bottom.

*start of original review*

IM A BIG FAN OF THIS SERIES SO DONT ACUSE ME OF BEING A HATER. BUT THIS GAME IS JUST DISSAPOINTING IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE. THE FIRST REASON IS THAT THE GRAPHICS LOOK LIKE BUTT. I THINK GTA3 GRAPHICS ARE MORE CRISP AND NEATER. eVEN THOUGH IT HAS NICE DETAIL, THE JAGGED LINES ARE TOO COMMON AND UNNACCEPTABLE. THE VOICE OVERS ARE NICE AND SO ARE THE SOUND EFFECTS, BUT THE SOUNDTRACK IS JUST HORRIBLE. I THINK WE HAVE HEARED ENOUGH OF SNOOP DOG AND MICHAEL JACKSON. THE WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE WAS THE ONLY GREAT SONG IN THIS GAME. AS FAR AS THE GAMEPLAY GOES, SURE THERE IS A GRAND VARIETY OF MISSIONS. THEY ALL FEEL THE SAME. "SHOOT THE GUY, DO THE DRIVEBUY, ESCAPE WITH THIS, PROTECT THAT PERSON. ETC." I PARTICULARLY LIKED THE DANCE MISSIONS SINCE IT WAS SOMETHING NEW. BUT MY POINT IS THAT IT IS TOO SIMILAR TO ITS PREVIOUS ENTRIES. AND THE PRICE TAG IS YET TO CHANGE.

Gameplay:8