This is a review on GTA IV.

User Rating: 10 | Grand Theft Auto IV PS3
I have been a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series since I first played GTA2 on PS1. It seemed the GTA games got better and better as time went on. When I heard a new GTA game was going to be released on the PS3, I was ecstatic. My expectations of GTA IV could not have been higher. The screenshots I viewed on GameSpot blew my mind. The first day GTA IV hit the shelves, I picked up my pre-ordered limited edition copy (the one with the case). After saving up enough to buy a PS3, I finally got to play GTA IV. My first reaction to the game exceeded any expectation of it I ever had.
The fact is folks, in my opinion, this is the best game ever created to date. The graphics are mind-boggling. The Euphoria engine that runs the motion is so realistic, it makes you feel you are actually in the game. The visuals are stunning. The gameplay is smooth and easy to learn. The story is a compelling adventure through the criminal underworld with a 'black humour' sort of 'tounge in cheek' funny aspect, yet in a mature way.
Of course, as in all GTA games, one does not have to follow the direct story line. There are many side missions, activities and mini-games available, or you could just do whatever you like across the huge map based on a modern day New York.
I wouldn't recommend this for your 7 year old's birthday, this is after all Grand Theft Auto and is quite a violent game, maybe not as violent as some of its peers, yet there is some blood in it.
The only game that could exceed this in sheer awesomeness, is the next installment of GTA goodness.
If you can afford it, do yourself a favour and buy this game.