9.5

Treyarch Triumphs! Everything you expected and more.

I feel this game has been getting short shrift from the Haloers, and just plain haters. I have played all CoD's and most other FPS's out there, and IMO this is one of the best in series, and a great shooter in general. Knowing that this is likely the last CoD that IW will have anything to do with, I didn't have high hopes for this game, but it has surpassed my expectations in every category. Treyarch could have mailed this one in, and Activision would still make millions, but instead, they knocked one out of the park. First off, the graphics are great, and I don't understand why some people are complaining. The single player is short, but still challenging to a series veteran, and besides, who gets this game for the single player game? I found the story a little far fetched, but it was fun, and I don't need much of a background to annihilate pixelated people. Multiplayer is more fun than it has been since MW1, far more entertaining than MW2. The credit system implemented has made for a more strategic leveling process, and the wager matches are intense and a welcome addition. There are still a few glitches and bugs here and there, but they are minor, and are nothing a patch or two wont fix. You can also practice honing your skills in a sort of "practice mode" where you play Team Deathmatch or Free For All against Ai opponents. This helps if you want to try a new tactic without possibly getting owned by annoying twelve year olds in the process.Nazi Zombies is back, and is as awesome as ever to grab a few of your bros and commit undead genocide. I love that they included weapons from this, and Treyarch's last CoD "World at War". They also included most of the power ups that were added on the old map packs, so watch out for the upgraded laser pistol FTW! Not to mention that they added a few secret games into the mix, I won't ruin it for you, and there are more than a couple of surprises in all of the game modes.
Bottom Line: If you love CoD, get this game. If you love FPS multiplayer, get this game. If you love games, get this game. Treyarch deserves a lot of credit, they obviously listened to what their customers were telling them, and I think they should be rewarded for that. They took risks by toying with the multiplayer, and it payed off, and the increasingly stale format was improved. Easily a game worthy of a 9.5, and only a few minor annoyances, and a uber short single player campaign keep it from being a "10" in my book.