The worst multiplayer I have ever encountered

#1 Posted by spoogan (278 posts) -

What trash this multiplayer is. Unbalanced & unfair all the way. Getting teamed up constantly, gewtting hit SOOO much that you can't even block or move... getting teathered back into a fight that you are trying to run from because its 3 against 1? Even single player is unfairly difficult now. I hate this game, and thats sad because I liked all the others.

#2 Posted by 90123OP (101 posts) -

Oh so you mean that you actually have to spend some time at this game to gain more skills in order to deal with those kinds of situation more easily instead of just seeing newbies smash buttons and do well with that? Jeez WHAT A CRIME.

#3 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -
We all have opinions. It's fine if you don't like it, but don't say it's trash, because it isn't. A lot of people and reviewers alike loved it. It's original and different. Don't like it, then move on. I heard people (frat-bros) liked Call of Dooty. Maybe you should give it a try.
#4 Posted by Sinestro_rage88 (71 posts) -

^^ Sorry but No reviewer liked it or loved it or said it was in any way useful or memorable.
Stop trying to glorify and justify your feelings of the horribad multiplayer. 

#5 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -

^ Try some video reviews on Youtube, made by extremely popular channels, including a lot of high-end gaming websites. It's not horrible, it's pretty good at what it does. But of course, you seem to be a diva with sky-high standards in video games, so entertainment must be pretty rough for you, right? You want ''horribad'' MP's that bring absolutely nothing to the genre? Try Spec Ops and Tomb Raider.

Also, I never personaly insulted your mother, so stop being agressive, it makes you look like a dim-wit.

#6 Posted by onesolostar (9 posts) -

thats just the match of champions part but the team favor of the gods is pretty fun and not as hard as the match of champions

#7 Posted by djdanrobbins (40 posts) -

I gotta agree with @spoogan - only its not just the multiplayer that's crap. As for you guys spewing "skills" ... what, exactly, have you gotten skilled at with this game except timing or learning when to reset your PS because for some stupid reason a really hard fight is miraculously easier to play after a reset? Because really, the only skill required to beat this sh*t game is repeatedly and mindlessly mashing stupid square and stupid-er triangle (stupid-er because if you're stupid enough to use a heavy hit .. oh, gee, lets disable you from doing anything for a second or two so you can die ... and OH WOW look how long it's taking you to play the game!!!! ) Seriously ... what skills are you talking about ? The only skill i'm getting out of this f*7#king game is how to take advil for the carpal tunnel syndrome i'm developing. And just in case you haven't yet asked yourself this BLATANT question while mindlessly giving yourself joint damage, WHAT IS THE DAMN POINT TO ANY OF IT? Who the HELL are the furies? Why should I CARE??????? As for reviews, well if you would read past the first paragraph, most reviews out there have a great big BUT in the middle of the review; i.e., the game is pretty good, BUT repetitive ... boring ... tedious ... too much work ... painfully repetitive ... horrible story, etc. etc. I'm probably admittedly the biggest Sony fan-whatever on the planet. But this game just sucks. thank god gamestop is giving $30 trade in till 4/11. That way i've only been half robbed. Some franchises need to just die and go away the way they were intended to after the third installment.

#8 Posted by oxyd325 (51 posts) -

I gotta agree with @spoogan - only its not just the multiplayer that's crap. As for you guys spewing "skills" ... what, exactly, have you gotten skilled at with this game except timing or learning when to reset your PS because for some stupid reason a really hard fight is miraculously easier to play after a reset? Because really, the only skill required to beat this sh*t game is repeatedly and mindlessly mashing stupid square and stupid-er triangle (stupid-er because if you're stupid enough to use a heavy hit .. oh, gee, lets disable you from doing anything for a second or two so you can die ... and OH WOW look how long it's taking you to play the game!!!! ) Seriously ... what skills are you talking about ? The only skill i'm getting out of this f*7#king game is how to take advil for the carpal tunnel syndrome i'm developing. And just in case you haven't yet asked yourself this BLATANT question while mindlessly giving yourself joint damage, WHAT IS THE DAMN POINT TO ANY OF IT? Who the HELL are the furies? Why should I CARE??????? As for reviews, well if you would read past the first paragraph, most reviews out there have a great big BUT in the middle of the review; i.e., the game is pretty good, BUT repetitive ... boring ... tedious ... too much work ... painfully repetitive ... horrible story, etc. etc. I'm probably admittedly the biggest Sony fan-whatever on the planet. But this game just sucks. thank god gamestop is giving $30 trade in till 4/11. That way i've only been half robbed. Some franchises need to just die and go away the way they were intended to after the third installment.

djdanrobbins

Full of rage, but I agree more-or-less.

Campaign is a letdown. Although the maps are pretty, the player can actually stand on or interact with maybe 1/8th of said pretty world. I'm sorry, but when exactly does this take place? Apparently in between two of the major installments, but the way I see it if they decided to leave this part out when they made the next installment, it must not have been too important. So why rage through the trial of Archemedes at all? What's the reward besides New Game+ and whatever else they decided to give us for completing the story? I will say that the puzzles were pretty fun, but a little too easy.

I actually enjoy multiplayer to an extent. They should have just focused entirely on multiplayer, forget the sad story mode that is really just more of the same with no new ideas, combat wise. There is a lot of potential in the multiplayer, only to fall a bit short because of the focus on both the campaign and multiplayer equally.

This series should have stopped at 3. Move on to create another cash cow, hopefully it's original!

#9 Posted by crimsonhawk47 (104 posts) -
Did anybody think the multiplayer was gonna be good? In fact, let's take some time and think for a second. Can anybody name any good multiplayer game for consoles?
#10 Posted by Klokateer (2452 posts) -
Of course the campaign was a letdown if you didn't even pay enough attention to know when it takes place or care about finishing it for anything but rewards. By the in-game timeline, it's the first, set before all the other games. If they never shoehorned MP into an SP game in the first place, the SP would almost certainly be better. If you want MP and a don't care about story then go play CoD.
#11 Posted by RSM-HQ (784 posts) -

It wasn't horrible by any means, nonetheless for me very underwhelming. After 10 matches I felt no reason why I'd personally continue. Unless you care for leaderboards, or have a load of pals playing this mode your reasons to continuing playing is beyond me.

But hey, each to his or her own.

I personally feel this mode made the single player campaign what it is. Not very impressive.

#12 Posted by CR00K (2644 posts) -
Eh, you're bad. Moving along.
#13 Posted by kingofthevies15 (949 posts) -

SMH -_- Those who are raging about the multiplayer...quit your crying for christ sake, it takes training and patience to get good at the MP on this game; I'm a friggin' level 30+ in every godly alignment and i've got high kills and not that many deaths and my rank on wins vs loses is pretty equal; yeah it has balancing issues, but the whole point of some modes like team favor of the gods is to work as a say it with me now.....TEAM! If you try and go it alone in a team battle YOUR GONNA LOSE! And this is God of Wars FIRST redeo in the MP field and frankly they've done it AMAZINGLY...it took a lot of balls to try this so quit your pissing and moaning...you dont like the MP? DONT PLAY IT! 

#14 Posted by Stringerboy (7086 posts) -

Yeah, it's pretty damn bad. Trials of the gods is the only mode worth playing, and even that is nothing to write home about.

#15 Posted by bryanvet (1 posts) -
You know, I played the beta for this game and thought it had good potential. Got the full game home, played pretty much just MP which was fun for a couple weeks than obviously, people got way too damn good at the game and destroyed it's fun value. Then with the new release of purchase weapons/prestige-ing, this game now officially sucks. The game has an awful balance of either destroying your opponents until they rage quit, or getting destroyed until you rage quit, there's never an in between. The game spawns way too many pick-up items and there really is no way to come back in this game when you're losing. The game sucks in the aspect that you can be WAY too cheap as a player, the double teaming is horrible, the over-powered crap they put in, mainly on Zeus, Zeus's magical gains are ridiculous and can spawn the same OP magic attacks 3-4 times in a row. This game needs a multiplayer mode where all characters have no armor, the same 3 weapons to pick from (spear, sword, hammer) no magic attacks and no item pickups. I'm the type of player who puts on Smash Brothers and turns all items off, I want to compete with raw skill, not "which one of us can be the cheaper a**hole." I find myself turning this game off 3 matches in lately, I can't stand it anymore and I'm plenty skilled at it to but there's only so much crap in this game you can handle.
#16 Posted by NUM3RS (408 posts) -
THANK YOU! I just got my copy back from a friend of mine and I was pretty decent at the MP (And I'm terrible at any and all MP games, that's why I stick to SP). But this....this made me pull whatever hair I could grab out. So here I am, lvl 3 Aries, stacked up against people lvl 25-35 with Zeus or Hades allegiance and I can't get a f-cking hit edgewise because I'm getting shocked out the A-hole and repeatedly hit and/or slammed against the wall. It's like, I'm going against people who sit there a literally have nothing else better to do than be OP at something and then yell at me when I tell them to take it down a notch. Thankfully though, there was one nice person who had their right stick stuck on going right and did nothing else, so I leveled up kinda quick with that. Then I found out that Aries allegiance S-U-C-K-E-D, so I switched to Poseidon and that helped a little, but STILL! I keep getting anally raped by getting pitted against people whose lvl stats are 3x higher than mine. I want to quit, but there's something inside me that just wants to get better, even if I end up in 4th place all the GD time!!! >:[ I might just get the 10x multiplyer (36hrs) when I get my paycheck, because this ish is redonkulous.....