Reason to Not buy this game

#1 Posted by daBrokenFace (11 posts) -

On the previous games, multiplayer always cuts me off in the middle of a match because 'connection to host has been lost.'

I'm sure this 4th game will continue that tradition. Epic Games usese the worst multiplayer servers I have ever seen.

Has anyone else lost faith in this franchise?

#2 Posted by VolatileEagle (1 posts) -
This is usually caused by not having all the DLC the host has. If you don't have the map the others are playing on then you get kicked.
#3 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -
more reasons to not buy the game. - No horde mode - No beast mode, -No Execution -No Warzone -No KOTH -No Annex -No Guardian -NO DBNO -No Executions -No playable Locusts outside of Overrun mode - Have to choose between spawning with a rifle or a shotgun -Everyone spawns with grenades -Retro and Sawed Off still in the game. Sawed off gets to fire twice before reloading now -TDM now has no life pool and instead counts to a set number. This means no more clutching. -Only 4 MP modes (Overrun, FFA, Domination, and TDM) There's probably a lot more, but this is all off the top of my head. All confirmed by Epic themselves via their own podcasts. :(
#4 Posted by Goron24 (951 posts) -

more reasons to not buy the game. - No horde mode - No beast mode, -No Execution -No Warzone -No KOTH -No Annex -No Guardian -NO DBNO -No Executions -No playable Locusts outside of Overrun mode - Have to choose between spawning with a rifle or a shotgun -Everyone spawns with grenades -Retro and Sawed Off still in the game. Sawed off gets to fire twice before reloading now -TDM now has no life pool and instead counts to a set number. This means no more clutching. -Only 4 MP modes (Overrun, FFA, Domination, and TDM) There's probably a lot more, but this is all off the top of my head. All confirmed by Epic themselves via their own podcasts. :(handssss

You can weapon switch while roady running and the weapon just slides off your back.

Blindfire has a crosshair.

The list goes on... this isn't a gears game its a 3rd person shooter with multiplayer.. that happens to be named gears

#5 Posted by zombiemob1992 (1 posts) -
When did Epic confirm there was no Horde mode? Alot of that stuff you said truly hasn't been confirmed yet, only a few things. If no Horde was confirmed it would be all over the internet but people are still unsure and it's unconfirmed. Horde will most likely be in, there's tons and tons of clues that hint at there being a Horde mode.
#6 Posted by Intensity101 (4 posts) -

On the previous games, multiplayer always cuts me off in the middle of a match because 'connection to host has been lost.'

I'm sure this 4th game will continue that tradition. Epic Games usese the worst multiplayer servers I have ever seen.

Has anyone else lost faith in this franchise?

daBrokenFace
But, what about all the people that play constantly, and never have an issue with it? Does that mean that its the game, or the servers that are in use? Sorry bro, but your logic is all jacked up. My suggestion.......get off your walmart dial up, get a new ISP.
#7 Posted by insane_metalist (6756 posts) -

When did Epic confirm there was no Horde mode? Alot of that stuff you said truly hasn't been confirmed yet, only a few things. If no Horde was confirmed it would be all over the internet but people are still unsure and it's unconfirmed. Horde will most likely be in, there's tons and tons of clues that hint at there being a Horde mode. zombiemob1992
Don't believe everything you hear ;)

#8 Posted by davidsworld3 (3042 posts) -

I never played the mp in the games I really enjoy teh story. Only game I play mp at all period is Halo, just fun too me than any other game.

So no I have NO reason why I wont get the game. I loved all the other ones this will be just as awesome and who knows mayeve will do better on something else dont know, but I have faith it will have a compelling and decent length story.

#10 Posted by Nexrad (441 posts) -

i guess they are going to release an execution mode after launch for free and you can execute and down people but the rest of the playlists dont have DBNO or executions which is a huge issue for me. I hope they add them back

#11 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

i guess they are going to release an execution mode after launch for free and you can execute and down people but the rest of the playlists dont have DBNO or executions which is a huge issue for me. I hope they add them back

Nexrad
Where was this confirmed? That would be cool.
#12 Posted by Goron24 (951 posts) -

[QUOTE="zombiemob1992"]When did Epic confirm there was no Horde mode? Alot of that stuff you said truly hasn't been confirmed yet, only a few things. If no Horde was confirmed it would be all over the internet but people are still unsure and it's unconfirmed. Horde will most likely be in, there's tons and tons of clues that hint at there being a Horde mode. insane_metalist

Don't believe everything you hear ;)

Read like every preview, Joystiq, gamespot. There is NO horde its called "overrun"

#13 Posted by darkghost75 (1584 posts) -
http://www.pixelenemy.com/gears-of-war-judgment-will-let-players-buy-double-xp-as-microtransactions/?fb_source=pubv1 the biggest reason not to buy this game