7.5 Serious??

#1 Posted by Subcelsious (344 posts) -

I just finished the campaign and i have to say it is phenominal. Waaay better story than gears 3 and 2. The multyplayer additions are awesome too. So let me get this straight the Narrative is a problem?? How so , I followed the story and action perfect and was able to connect the dots with ease. And the Aftermath campaign was short? You kidding me, aftermath was an add-on and isn't Call of Duty and Modern Warfares campaigns short? I honestly think this game deserves a 9.5, graphics are EXCELLENT and better than previous ones, the music is action packed and sets the mood perfectly and the gameplay is a blast. Multyplayer is just as fun as previous installments except you can't be locust but no biggie. Why does this site always have the ratings so off???

#2 Posted by BigGhost_AJT (924 posts) -

Reviews are subjective.  Just because the reviewer doesn't see the game the same as you do, it doesn't make him "off".  Nor do your opinions about the game make you "on". 

#3 Posted by dhewett2 (42 posts) -

seriously i hate this game compared to gears 3 but it should of gotten an 8 - 9 at least

I used to trust gamespot reviews never again, they gave god of war acension 7.5 too i passed on it cuz of that but dam that game must be amazing like this so gona get it now.

#4 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19509 posts) -

Reviews are subjective.  Just because the reviewer doesn't see the game the same as you do, it doesn't make him "off".  Nor do your opinions about the game make you "on". 

BigGhost_AJT

I second this notion.

Some of you need to realize that just because you disagree with someone else so someone else is wrong is just a mark of self-righteousness.

#5 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19509 posts) -

I used to trust gamespot reviews never again...

dhewett2

Then please, never come to this site again - though I have a hunch that this is not the first time that you have written this.

Also, you still have yet to realize the hard way that no gaming site - other than your own - would tell you what you want to hear about games.

#6 Posted by Subcelsious (344 posts) -

I know the reviews are subjective , but the gods honest truth this sites reviews are never close to the mark. I've downloaded demos after they reviewed a game i was looking forward to on here a few times already and found how awesome these games really are and the points the reviewers make just seem unvalidated. I'm not tryin to troll or anythin just think it deserves more than a 7.5. Its different than the other gears games but in alot of positive ways.

#7 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19509 posts) -

I know the reviews are subjective...Subcelsious

Then you still don't know enough. If you do, you wouldn't be b*tching about this and that game site's reviews.

#8 Posted by dhewett2 (42 posts) -

[QUOTE="dhewett2"]

I used to trust gamespot reviews never again...

Gelugon_baat

Then please, never come to this site again - though I have a hunch that this is not the first time that you have written this.

Also, you still have yet to realize the hard way that no gaming site - other than your own - would tell you what you want to hear about games.

nope ive been on this site 10 - 15 years this the first time

#9 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19509 posts) -

nope ive been on this site 10 - 15 years this the first time

dhewett2

Then you have been wasting all those years thinking that this site would always tell you what you want to hear about a game.

I would tell you this too: this won't be the last time you would b*tch about a review score on GameSpot.

#10 Posted by domaroo (1 posts) -

The funny thing is that this site reviews games(critics). But when a customer/fan reviews your review and doesn't say nice things, you tell them to never come here again??? Have you heard of irony? Because it applies here big time. You review the games and say what you want, but us Fan's can review your work and tell you what we think??? The is BS and you know it. Stop being a bully and stop being SO RUDE to your fans/customers!!! I haven't agreed with alot of the reviews or scores on gamespot. I think sometimes you guys harp on the negatives too much and don't weigh in the positives enough. RE6 was not the greatest game in the world but you guys made it seem like it should have never been made and a complete waste of time and money. It had it's fults but should have never gotten such a low score for trying something new and fresh. Gears of War: Judgement probably should have gotten the 7.5 maybe as high as an 8(so I agree with your review here), but to belittle your fans/customers and tell them to never come back to your site is a complete disgrace. I hope your high and mighty attitude catches up to your site and I hope all of the fans see how you guys really feel about us!!! Now....Good Day Sir!!!

#11 Posted by Subcelsious (344 posts) -

Well said, I'm giving my opinion and it seems like i'm bein treated like a jerk here for sayin my piece which has some validity. An tellin me that i **** Why are you on the gears forum then? To hate on it and its fans? I don't think this game is the second coming but i do think it was worth me waiting in line for at midnight. I'm also in my 30's and have beeen gaming since the atari days so i've been around the block. I don't get $ to review games , i review them for real.

#12 Posted by Nano_Star_22 (46 posts) -
Yeah but the campaign's action is broken up, feels 'arcadey,' and the story is lack luster compared to previous gears titles, the multiplayer has had many many many features taken out of it (particularly the ones that made Gears different from the run of the mill shooter), and normal horde mode was taken out.
#13 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19509 posts) -

Have you heard of irony?  Because it applies here big time.  You review the games and say what you want, but us Fan's can review your work and tell you what we think???  The is BS and you know it.domaroo

The irony here is that these game sites, especially GameSpot now that it has stopped its subscription scheme, is not asking for your money - game-makers, however, do.

Stop being a bully and stop being SO RUDE to your fans/customers!!!domaroo

You are not customers. You are just Internet surfers, no different from me. Also, I am not a GameSpot staffer.

If you don't like GameSpot, then don't ever come here and bring your Internet traffic to GameSpot. That's the best way to protest, so if you are still coming here to b*tch, you are still feeding GameSpot.

Now....Good Day Sir!!!domaroo

Don't be polite if you are not being sincere.

That said, you rant a lot.

#14 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19509 posts) -

I don't think this game is the second coming but i do think it was worth me waiting in line for at midnight...Subcelsious

So you are a fanboy. Typical. You are an apologist for the franchise too, and you don't even know it.

I'm also in my 30's and have beeen gaming since the atari days so i've been around the block. I don't get $ to review games , i review them for real.Subcelsious

That's what a narcissist would say.

#15 Posted by rogue81 (738 posts) -
Their score is still less than .5 away from the Metacritic average (7.9 last I checked). Also, it's right on par with the Metacritic user average (7.5). It seems to me that Gamespot is pretty accurate and fair in their reviews, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying whatever game you like.