Online population seems....scarce.

#1 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8812 posts) -

I'm rather surprised by how small the population is for this game. Seems to peak at around 10-13k during the evening and gets especially low late at night when I'm mostly up because of working 3rd shift. Anyway, I also am pretty upset I had to buy one of the map packs just to play certain game modes. I didnt' play MP much when I first got this game but I just recently got back in to it and I'm shocked that there aren't many people to play with anymore..

#2 Posted by BilkeLegenda (1929 posts) -

Epic abadoned this game after the last DLC,and considering how much BS is in the game it shouldnt be much of a surprise as to why there arent many people playing this game.

#3 Posted by slimepunch (1193 posts) -

Too many idiots online, always has been with the Gears games sadly, so I stick to Private games with friends.

#4 Posted by 0Hamburgher (957 posts) -

Too many idiots online, always has been with the Gears games sadly, so I stick to Private games with friends.

slimepunch
Sucks so much and I got 1 month free on live Oh well, it's fun killing scrubs with the gnasher
#5 Posted by DarklySworded (453 posts) -

slimepunch

Yea, it's really sad. Foul players plague the Gears games. It's not that just that they're terrible though, because you don't exactly have to communicate with them. It's that an abnormally large amount of people will go out of their way to send you a nasty message if they lose and don't like the way they lost. I mean, WHO does that?? Stick to the private matches. 99.9% less ****

#7 Posted by maximo (2403 posts) -

Epic abadoned this game after the last DLC,and considering how much BS is in the game it shouldnt be much of a surprise as to why there arent many people playing this game.

BilkeLegenda

^ This is right.

They have screwed with the weapons so much its turned into a hodge podge of short range hit and miss warfare..

Its erratic and inconsistent and given the online shooter market right now its hard to find a reason to continue playing thi game.

#8 Posted by penpusher (3573 posts) -
It is a rather low population these days isnt it? I remember when the game first came out, its online was fantastic, tons of people, lots of variety in fighting etc etc, but now the population has shrunk and the weapons balance has been fiddled with so much that where as before you could get by using any weapon skillfully, its now devolved into the shotgun fest that gears 2 became. Not to mention that the people left are seriously hardcore, and since the matchmaking doesnt appear to me to make any distinction between those heading to their first level 100 and those who have reached there third, the skill balancing is just none existant. Horde is still a great place to go though and I personally stick to private against the bots so I dont have to deal with people who either havent got an outside life, or havent got any other games. It does mean I'll never get the medals for finishing beast and horde on hardcore and insane though :(
#9 Posted by Rivboets7 (20 posts) -

I play Horde and Beast every now and then but the online community is quite low.

#10 Posted by Praetor_Victus (5 posts) -
I still find alot of people on no problem.
#11 Posted by eddie2113 (3 posts) -
It is a rather low population these days isnt it? I remember when the game first came out, its online was fantastic, tons of people, lots of variety in fighting etc etc, but now the population has shrunk and the weapons balance has been fiddled with so much that where as before you could get by using any weapon skillfully, its now devolved into the shotgun fest that gears 2 became. penpusher
You can still get by using any rifle if you are average to good with it. Also, what is so bad about it being a gnasher fest? I'd take 1v1 1v2 2v2 etc with the shotgun anyday than it be a camping battle with everybody crossing with lancers and hammerbursts. I give someone respect if they ask for a shotgun battle. I just want gears to get it's gaming base back, I remember when ELITE Gears of War players on YouTube used to get 200k+ views on their montages and now they are lucky to get 25k-50k views. We just need to get our community in line and get new players interested into the game, without losing the raw skill/talent to excel in this series. Gears of War has been the only game to take skill, anybody can get 30 kills in a TDM match in call of duty (even 10-13 year olds). The requirement of time it takes to become a somewhat elite player is probably the reason why this game doesn't have much of a popularity, but I'd rather earn my kills than just spray with submachine guns like in COD. One last thing, I like it being more of an "older" group of people who play this game instead of getting high pitched squeakers that blow out your ear drums. Just my opinion, Judgement will either revive or kill this series, hope they succeed.