about 15% gameplay and 80% dialogue....and about 90% of said dialogue was completely unneccesary

User Rating: 6.3 | Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir PS2
Better than the first, but still a challenge to tolerate even the ever-present dialogue cutscenes throughout the game. The controls were greatly improved, and they got pretty innvoative with using the environments to transmute weapons.

The graphics, although improved, were still pretty rushed, the cel shading is pretty choppy and the black detail lines within characters tended to disappear from time to time. And even though this is only a pet peeve of mine, I think it's still worth mentioning that I absolutely HATE it when they talk and their mouths don't move! I think the graphic standard has reached a point to whenever there's dialogue in the game, you can at least not be too lazy to make the mouths move.

Boss fights were bland and unoriginal. You spend about 80% of the game fighting the same 8 or so models of golems, which only added to the graphical laziness of the game with their almost entirely black bodies and robotic movements.

I beat this game in about 8 hours, of that time, maybe 3 1/2 hours was actual gameplay, about 4 hours of dialogue, and a half hour of animated cutscenes. And worse yet, you couldn't even sit back and enjoy the dialogue, you had to keep tapping the X button to get through all of it. So if you love dialogue, get this game. If you love gameplay and constant action, find it somewhere else.