How to properly record console and PC screens?

malousak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By malousak
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I have no problem recording games on my iPad and iPhone. But somehow when I want to record something while playing games on my consoles, such as Nintendo 3DS, DS, Playstation 1, 2, 3, 4, Wii etc I have some trouble figuring out what the best way is to record it.

And when I want to record my PC screen, it annoys me that some of the programs that I use are actually rendering video files while I'm recording. This causes my gameplay to miss some frames and it doesn't go smoothly. I have a gaming laptop and it's powerful enough to smoothly play for example Witcher 3, but it becomes such a pain while recording... Any good screen recorder that records raw video files, so that I can render them "after" I'm done with my gameplay?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Evanmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Evanmaster
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts

IMHO, I think ShadowPlay offers a great plug-and-play style option for recording PC stuff. It doesn't have webcam capabilities yet, but for straight up commentary it's actually pretty decent. As long as you have a gtx 600 series card or later you can use it. I've also used OBS, which is free and actually really good. The only issue with it is the rather complicated setup for people who are just getting into recording and such. And as for other systems, the El Gato HD seems to be the way to go for capturing. Hope this helps!

Tyler

beardygaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 beardygaming
Member since 2015 • 134 Posts

Well I can tell you we use a combination of Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and Sparkocam to produce our videos. Rendering is done after the recording is finished and cam is layered over game footage and comes out as one video. Hope this helps?