Your previous Gamertag?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dgsag (6760 posts) -

I apologize if this seems like an odd request, but I want to check something.

If you have ever changed your Gamertag, could you please post the old one that you had? I want to test if gamertags become available to register again when people change them to new ones...

#2 Posted by French023 (1291 posts) -
x besticles x
#3 Posted by French023 (1291 posts) -

If your looking to keep and old name but changeing it for now, your could just make your old name a silver account

#4 Posted by Thorpe89 (19548 posts) -
I believe previous names are available again.
#5 Posted by ajeff (38 posts) -
previous names should be available again. i don't see why they wouldn't be...
#6 Posted by dominicano5735 (113 posts) -
aww my old gamertag brings back good memories......boobthenoob
#7 Posted by Strife88 (6073 posts) -
I know someone that changed their gamertag then after changed it back to the exact same thing later.
#8 Posted by Louis-D (1867 posts) -

I know someone that changed their gamertag then after changed it back to the exact same thing later.Strife88

Yeah, someone on my friends list changed his Gamertag three times in one day, and he ended up going back to his old one - What a waste of money!

#9 Posted by nickdastick (5286 posts) -
Mine was snoogins and also snoogins8.
#10 Posted by insane_jester (1 posts) -
I just got done talking to a representive from xbox. They said to me yes as soon as you change the gamertag from blah blah to blahblahblah then blah blah becomes available. There is no lag. I found this out because i moved from US to Canada. My Name i want to keep but they tell me i can't change anything else over like my Microsoft Points or my gamerscore. :( 1000 msp and 10255 gamerscore damn @55h0les So i looks like i'm gonna have to keep my US side.. The only downside is that i can't get any movies or shows off market place because i show as belonging to US however my IP address is that of Canada. I'm gonna see if i can fake my IP Address and get past it that way.. Doubtful tho.. Will respond if i can to help others out :)
#11 Posted by raylewisnfl52 (7146 posts) -

[QUOTE="Strife88"]I know someone that changed their gamertag then after changed it back to the exact same thing later.Louis-D

Yeah, someone on my friends list changed his Gamertag three times in one day, and he ended up going back to his old one - What a waste of money!

Yeah one of my friends in real life changed his gamertag to Nike Customer. Is it just be or is that just the worst $10 to spend to change your gamertag to?
#12 Posted by munchlax99 (11536 posts) -
i was drewuke2008, now i am Hobo Jones7
#13 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -
pint-of-stella