XONE Headset impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

I have had an opportunity to spend time with some of the new headsets for the XONE so i figured I would share my thoughts about them

Turtle Beach Titanfall Atlas- Spent a few hours with this headset, and its a great looking headset. Sound was clear as most TB headsets are, voice chat clear also had no issues there. This headset fit me very snug almost uncomfortable to be honest, and I dont have a overly large head but im sure in time it would probably become more comfortable. I was not blown away by the sound, honestly I think this is a XO4 headset that has a nice paint job on it. The headset Fits, sounds, and feels the same as the XO4 so it will be up to you if you want to justify an extra 50$ for cosmetic look. The price of this headset is 150$ MSRP. For the price point I feel the XO7 is a much better choice.

Turtle Beach XO4- This is pretty much a echo of above, good clear headset on both chat and audio. The thing I feel both this and the Atlas lack is bass. Both headsets just lack that full range sound that a few others I tried didnt, without it explosions, gunfire, and other elements in the game just fall a touch flat, but at a shade under 100 bucks I feel this is a good buy. They support mobile devices and dolby digital surround I might add which are nice features. Dont get me wrong this is a nice headset and has a few more features than the Official Microsoft headset does, I just didnt find them to be very comfortable which is the first thing I look for in a headset.

Turtle Beach XO7- I had these for just under a week, and these are a very good headset. Everything clear like stated with XO4 and the Atlas, but where they didnt fall short is the full range. This headset i feel did a better job overall with better bass response and a fuller richer sound. The headset is very comfortable having memory foam pads, and all the chords are of MUCH higher quality than found in the XO4 and Atlas. The cosmetics of the XO7 also dont disappoint, they are light and a great looking headset that can be customized with swappable speaker plates. They are also Mobile device compatible and Dolby digital which is simulated of course. I think for 159.95 this is a far better choice than the Atlas, you are getting a much better headset imo for 10 bucks more. I feel if this is your price range you cant go wrong with this headset, I would rate this at the top for XONE only headsets i got my hands on.

Official XBOX ONE headset- For a shade under 80 bucks this is a great headset. This headset lacks a little clarity that is found in the TB line, but where it shines is bass response and delivering a nice full range sound. I was actually shocked by how good these sounded for the money. Chat worked good everyone i talked to online said that i sounded clear so no issues, and these are a very comfy headset.. For the person out there trying to grab a headset for under a 100$ I feel this is a good headset for you. Good sound... not the greatest looking but if your someone who is not that into cosmetic look like me then that wont bother you to much. You will sacrifice a little clarity for better full range sound, I should also mention this is a stereo headset. Which surround is nice but lets be honest with 2 speakers surround is simulated and probably more helpful in FPS's than in most genres. Good buy for 80 bucks I dont think these will disappoint.

I currently use the Astro A40's which are an amazing headset but carry a heavy price tag at 250. I went with a wired connection since i do get interference from time to time with wireless headsets and I own a PS4 so having a set that works for both is kind of a must.. All of the headsets above are wireless to the system but has a single wire to the controller for chat features and power. I feel like headset are limited considering its power source which is the controller, but overall they do a good to great job without anything like a mix amp for added juice. I noticed my controllers used more battery life when having a headset connected which i completely expected but if you use a headset a lot i would have some sort of rechargeable batteries. I own the Microsoft recharge packs which i believe are 25 bucks but have a great life span. Even with the headset connected i still got better battery life than I do on my DS4 controller with no headset connected, but just be aware that you will drain more battery life with the headset connected. Any questions dont hesitate to ask, I spent most cases almost a week with all the headsets besides the Atlas which I only had for 2-3 hours.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

That was awesome, thanks for sharing your own experiences in detail about each headset. I really need to get off my butt and pick up the official Xbox One headset, I've been saying it forever and this thread once again reminded me to do so. For me I don't want the chat features (I don't play much online) but what I want is the game sound. When everyone is sleeping at night I don't want to be forced to close the game because I can't hear it anymore. I think the official headset is the best bang for buck.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

@BattleSpectre: No problem, I was pretty lucky to be able spend some time with these headsets so I figured I would pass it on. I play at night especially when im laid off in between jobs, and thats exactly why i own a headset. The official XONE headset is a great choice for someone who just wants a good sounding headset for a good price. There are good features about them and the XO4 but from what you are describing your making a good decision. The mic folds up very nicely into the headset so if your not one for chat, or if you wanna use them with a mp3 player or phone you would really never know it was there.