xbox(360) wont read original (xbox) games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Leon0022 (88 posts) -

my xbox(360)wont read (original)xbox games why help me:(

#2 Posted by Aft3rBurn3r (668 posts) -
Jeez easy on the font, which game is it? I pretty sure only some games are backwards compatable.
#3 Posted by Leon0022 (88 posts) -

it asks for an xbox hard drive the game is morrowind

#4 Posted by Silverpeel (1607 posts) -
If you have the arcade model then you can't play any original xbox games on the 360 because the original xbox had an internal hard drive. You need to have a hard drive on the 360 to play any xbox original games.
#5 Posted by theintrospect79 (2799 posts) -

You need a hard drive to store the backwards compatibility emulation software to be able to run the originals.

#6 Posted by Leon0022 (88 posts) -

i have an xbox hard drive

#7 Posted by hi_im_dave (865 posts) -

Leon0022

then you might need xbox live to download stuff to get it to work

#8 Posted by kaze347 (1270 posts) -

[QUOTE="Leon0022"]

hi_im_dave

This.

I bought Fable for $5 after I bought my 360 arcade and I had to hook up to live to get the emulation stuff. OR you could get it from the newest OXM disc.

#9 Posted by hi_im_dave (865 posts) -

[QUOTE="hi_im_dave"]

[QUOTE="Leon0022"]

kaze347

This.

I bought Fable for $5 after I bought my 360 arcade and I had to hook up to live to get the emulation stuff. OR you could get it from the newest OXM disc.

Ya, if you have internet all you need is a silver account (free account).

#10 Posted by wataeri99 (48 posts) -

Actually you guys are all wrong this same problem happened to me and is still happening to me today. I downloaded Splinter Cell Caos Theory on the Xbox originals and it didn't work. I put in a bunch of my old Xbox orginal games and none of them work either. It keeps giving the message: This game could not start. Please download the game again. I called 1-800-4myxbox and they just kept saying to download the xbox originals update. Which is pointless because obviously I have Xbox Live. They kept saying stuff about the game like redownload it. When I keep mentioning to them it's not the game, it's my harddrive. I bought my 120gb harddrive on ebay and it has a problem and can't play xbox originals. I figured out that it was my harddrive because my friend took out my harddrive and put in his and started playing Halo 2, which I could never get to play on my xbox. So your problem might actually relate to my problem. I still gotta call back eventually for that refund on Splinter Cell...

#13 Posted by Leon0022 (88 posts) -

do u have the arcade version? if so thats y

#14 Posted by MazehcS0ul (1773 posts) -

Check on what the games are capable on 360.

#15 Posted by Leon0022 (88 posts) -

I did that before I even joined this site

#17 Posted by gamerfreak1991 (2501 posts) -
I just bought Fable: TLC and I was running it on my 360 with no problems, but there are black bars on either side of my screen, is there any way to get rid of those, they kind of annoy me.