Xbox Slim keeps disconnecting from XBL.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

I realise this question has probably been asked around a thousand times but it is wrecking my hjead trying to figure it out.

I recently took the plunge and upgraded to a 250gig Slim and was, up to a point, delighted with my purchase.

Then I noticed the wireless keeps getting bumped off and I lose connection to Xbox live even though the desktop and laptops maintain their connection to the internet. I have to sign-in to XBL again, with no problems, but half an hour later it'll happen again and so on so forth.

Unfortunatley, I can't hardwire the Xbox to the router because thats upstairs so I'm fresh out of ideas and many Google searches have been utterly fruitless. This is actually a widespread problem apparently but I can't seem to find any answers on the net.

Any solutions that you lads know of?

Cheers.

#2 Posted by ImprovedMind (738 posts) -
This is actually a widespread problem apparently but I can't seem to find any answers on the net.balfe1990
IF it were a widespread problem, then there would obviously be a lot of discussion about it on the internet. Therefore it is not a widespread problem, but an isolated case. Wireless is not a valid option due to high latency and the obvious connectivity problems. Most likely, the problem is in your router. Try rebooting it or if possible get a new one all together.
#3 Posted by -D3ATH- (615 posts) -
[QUOTE="balfe1990"] This is actually a widespread problem apparently but I can't seem to find any answers on the net.ImprovedMind
IF it were a widespread problem, then there would obviously be a lot of discussion about it on the internet. Therefore it is not a widespread problem, but an isolated case. Wireless is not a valid option due to high latency and the obvious connectivity problems. Most likely, the problem is in your router. Try rebooting it or if possible get a new one all together.

You'd be surprised how stable the wireless connection is nowadays.
#4 Posted by right4dead (1062 posts) -

the best solution to this is what i always recommend, ditch the wifi and use the trusty old ethernet. i gave up with wifi even on ps3 because no matter what theres always some port problems router problems, use the ehternet straight from the modem.

#5 Posted by 3KUL (41 posts) -
I was having the exact same problem last night with my 250GB Slim, I think it could be a hardware fault, My laptop is in the same room using wireless and it's connection is fine.
#6 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

BUMP??

#7 Posted by Seedy123 (1 posts) -
I saw this coz my slim is acting up like this now an then, so the way I solve it is leave it for 5-10 mins or turn my Xbox on and then back off. It works for me :)