xbox randomly losing video signal??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

so i have an xbox hooked up via component to my receiver which upscales to my XBR through HDMI. I run it at 1080i (since either because the firmware hasnt allowed it on my TV or because my TV's/receivers upscaler just isnst compatible in general i cant do 1080p over component like some can).

anyway my video signal keeps cutting out on me randomly while i'm playing. Either restarting the xbox or replugging the HDMI cable on my receiver will get it back but it's starting to get annoying.

everything else seems fine though, the sound and game continues to run.

when i called sony about it they said that "games arent designed to be handled through the video ports on a receiver" but that sounds just silly, i'm sure plenty of people run their xbox360's through their receivers.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
well bypass the receiver if possible and see if it still happens when connected directly to the tv.. you will then have your answer..
CBScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CBScott
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

so i have an xbox hooked up via component to my receiver which upscales to my XBR through HDMI. I run it at 1080i (since either because the firmware hasnt allowed it on my TV or because my TV's/receivers upscaler just isnst compatible in general i cant do 1080p over component like some can).

anyway my video signal keeps cutting out on me randomly while i'm playing. Either restarting the xbox or replugging the HDMI cable on my receiver will get it back but it's starting to get annoying.

everything else seems fine though, the sound and game continues to run.

when i called sony about it they said that "games arent designed to be handled through the video ports on a receiver" but that sounds just silly, i'm sure plenty of people run their xbox360's through their receivers.

Dirk13

1 question for you.

Why did you talk to Sony about Xbox 360 problems?

Call xbox support man. 1-800-469-9269

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

1 question for you.

Why did you talk to Sony about Xbox 360 problems?

Call xbox support man. 1-800-469-9269

CBScott

and i have one answer for you even though you didnt wait for it, i already talked to Xbox support. They werent particularily helpful, they just defaulted to the cable being the problem, they had no reason to really think this, it was just the only assumption they could make, and since there really wasnt any verifiable evidence i didnt want ot rma everything to them right now.

and my receiver and television are sony so i called them to see if there were any compatability problems.

the only thing is, is it seriously true that next gen systems and their games arent "designed" for their video to go through receivers? this seems rather far fetched to me, and while i'm sure plenty of people hook their consoles video up to their receiver, i have really heard nothing about this issue before.