craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 craigkelleigh
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts

Hi - I am in New Zealand - so upon looking at forums I have set my region to Australia to get my voice commands to work.

I have been testing for a few days and all of the voice commands seem to be working except the 'Xbox One Turn On' one - I can turn off my Xbox One with my voice (and it also turns off my TV and stereo) but I can't wake them back up with the voice command - I have to press the Xbox symbol on the controller.

I have done the latest update and I have noticed that the option to 'use Kinect to wake up xbox' is the settings is no longer there - apparently setting it to 'Instant-On' in the power settings should cover it - but I can't seem to get it to work....

Does anyone else have this problem? is there something I have missed? or does someone have a way to make it work? (I have gone through the whole 'my Kinect can't hear me' resets)....

any help would be appreciated - Thanks

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Are you saying "Xbox One turn on"? The command is just "Xbox On".

Classic_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Classic_Gaming
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

You dont understand some of the kinects shipped at a different position which ruined the device as it is fragile

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigkelleigh

Thanks - I will try 'Xbox On'.......and the other aspects of my Kinect seem to be working fine (it can see and hear me for everything else - although i am still testing it out.....) - but it is something to consider - thanks

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If it still doesn't work what you need to do is unplug everything from the back of the console, wait 2 minutes and then plug everything back in. Once you've done that delete the cache history and try again. Another thing you could try doing is recalibrating the Kinect like you would of done when you first set up the console. You'll be able to do that through the settings menu.

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigkelleigh

Thanks - sorry for sounding like a dummy - how do I delete the cache history? (will that affect any other settings i have already set up?) - thanks

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre

Sorry I worded it wrong, when you do those steps the cache will be cleared automatically so to recap do these steps:

* First power down the machine, and unplug the power cable at the back of your console.

* After two to three minutes, plug back the power cable.

* Monitor the power brick, waiting for it to cycle from a white light to an orange light, Then turn the power on to restart the system.

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigkelleigh

Cool - Thanks - I will try that tonight....

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 craigkelleigh

Well - bit of a update and some new found knowledge......I changed my region on the Xbox to US and after it re-started I was able to use the 'Xbox On' voice command - I must admit I had to change my accent slightly......but the other voice commands didn't work as smoothly.......it was quite hit and miss.....

I then went onto the Xbox support site and chatted with a support person to check that I hadn't missed anything and they confirmed that the 'Xbox On' command isn't available in Australia......! - which is kinda strange as all the rest of the voice commands work perfectly for me when I set it to Australia....

Anyway - I will leave it set to Australia and hope for a update in the future - obviously the function does work - the software/hardware is all there - they just haven't activated it in the Australian region - strange.....

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre

@craigkelleigh said:

Well - bit of a update and some new found knowledge......I changed my region on the Xbox to US and after it re-started I was able to use the 'Xbox On' voice command - I must admit I had to change my accent slightly......but the other voice commands didn't work as smoothly.......it was quite hit and miss.....

I then went onto the Xbox support site and chatted with a support person to check that I hadn't missed anything and they confirmed that the 'Xbox On' command isn't available in Australia......! - which is kinda strange as all the rest of the voice commands work perfectly for me when I set it to Australia....

Anyway - I will leave it set to Australia and hope for a update in the future - obviously the function does work - the software/hardware is all there - they just haven't activated it in the Australian region - strange.....

I'm from Australia and that's very weird and news to me. Admittedly I don't use the "Xbox On" feature as I like having my Xbox on power-saving mode but that's just stupid how it's not available in Australia. Accents aren't even that heavy here so this definitely needs to be addressed.

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By craigkelleigh

Yeah - I agree - all other voice commands work fine except this - it isn't even a option when the region is set to Australia....

I found this link on the Xbox website - and you can see that only 5 regions have this feature.....I mean they are the major regions I suppose but I find it strange as the feature does actually work.......(it was one of their selling features.....)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/feature-availability

I am hoping they fix this soon but I guess will have to wait until the next update......

I'm not MS bashing as I have had my xbox for a few days now and i'm finding it great to use - but would be good to hear if anyone has set their Xbox to Australia region and got this feature to work cuz like I say - it seems to be disabled....