Xbox One questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

I'm going to be grabbing the Xbox One on monday. Is it a good time to get it? Any problems with the console? I had quite a few questions, so I may post more if I remember any. Also, feel free to add anything I should know.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

No real problems to report with the actual console, but I wouldn't buy the MCC collection yet - as the multiplayer is pretty broken. Other than that enjoy.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

If you have the budget, adding a USB drive is nice for the performance. I got a WD My Book which is a 3.5" drive that is much faster than the internal 2.5" drive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I disagree on one part of your post. Don't buy the Master Chief Collection SOLELY for the online aspect. Yes. We all know Halo is an amazing series and the franchise did an amazing job telling this story. Again. Don't buy this game solely for the online play. Buy it and enjoy the extra content. Buy it to enjoy the story. If you truly do enjoy the Halo series. I would even consider buying The Halo books series (HALO: Fall of Reach being the first one) and go more in-depth with the story. @BattleSpectre I am not picking on you...I just took the opportunity to use what you said to justify my response.

@BattleSpectre said:

No real problems to report with the actual console, but I wouldn't buy the MCC collection yet - as the multiplayer is pretty broken. Other than that enjoy.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

I disagree on one part of your post. Don't buy the Master Chief Collection SOLELY for the online aspect. Yes. We all know Halo is an amazing series and the franchise did an amazing job telling this story. Again. Don't buy this game solely for the online play. Buy it and enjoy the extra content. Buy it to enjoy the story. If you truly do enjoy the Halo series. I would even consider buying The Halo books series (HALO: Fall of Reach being the first one) and go more in-depth with the story. @BattleSpectre I am not picking on you...I just took the opportunity to use what you said to justify my response.

@BattleSpectre said:

No dramas, you haven't done anything wrong. That's actually a good point, you should be buying the game to enjoy the campaign and everything it has to offer - I just wanted to let him know the online needs fixing because let's be honest, most people I know just want to dive straight into that multiplayer goodness, haha.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Is Halo:MCC still having multiplayer issues.Holy crap.I have not tried the mp in two or three day's.Someone please tell me some info on this issue.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

It's hard to enjoy the Halo MCC SP Campaign and content because that too is broken/glitchy/buggy. 343 fixed some things, but not enough. Players in the MCC thread are saying Halo 2 and Halo 4 aren't saving, along with a long list of other bugs.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SolidTy said:

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

It's hard to enjoy the Halo MCC SP Campaign and content because that too is broken/glitchy/buggy. 343 fixed some things, but not enough. Players in the MCC thread are saying Halo 2 and Halo 4 aren't saving, along with a long list of other bugs.

It seems like it's a hit or miss. @Stevo_the_gamer said he played through Halo 1 and 2 and besides a 30 second audio bug the campaigns of the game ran fine. Also I believe the patch has been launched to fix the rest of the issues.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@SolidTy said:

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

It seems like it's a hit or miss. Stevo_the_gamer said he played through Halo 1 and 2 and besides a 30 second audio bug the campaigns of the game ran fine. Also I believe the patch has been launched to fix the rest of the issues.

Yeah, I know that guy very well (he loves his Halo)...I wouldn't worry about his personal testimonials because then we just go back and forth naming forumers names on who suffered and who didn't.

It's hit or miss depending on the person and how they play the game. The way many bugs work is you trigger them doing XYZ, who knows how these people are playing, what achievements they are going for, what difficulty they are playing on (I read harder difficulty has more problems), if they are taking a shortcut or killing enemies in a particular order...it's a messy business tracking these SP bugs.

@Motokid6 for instance had a lot of troubles after first declaring the SP was fine, he then found out he was wrong and apologized.

@soulitane had the Xbone crash twice playing SP and found a number of other SP problems.

@ghostwarrior786 had hunters freeze into a wall before the guns in SP stopped working.

@x-2tha-z Is losing a lot of his Single Player progress forcing him to replay levels over and over again.

@brimmul777 reports that his SP isn't saving and his MP isn't working. He's close to giving up on SP and MP and is upset he bought MCC.

You see, it's pointless to name drop because it just goes back and forth declaring users who had and didn't have problems.

It's WAY too early to declare that TODAY's first patch fixed ALL the issues because in the patch list provided by 343 covered certain problems, but did not cover all the problems mentioned by many, many users. 343 listed what the patch covers, and particular issues still weren't covered. More patches are inbound is the latest word.

WE HOPE THE PATCH FIXES EVERYTHING, but we can't go around telling everyone that's the case. Either way, it's way too early to say one way or the other...hell sometimes a patch will fix some problems but create entirely new bugs! Either way, we do know some fixes went live for sure, that's all we do know for sure.

We'll just have to wait a week or so and see if masses of people are reporting bugs and if so, what bugs those are. I know the 343 patch didn't cover all the problems but it did cover a good chunk.