Xbox One owners; Lets talk Kinect shall we...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by JoPython52 (24 posts) -

I can not get Kinect to work. Yes, the voice works. Yes, my hand seems to control the menus ok. But when i launch the Kinect Sports hub it tells me the Kinect cant see me because of obstructions, which there are NONE. I have gone to the Kinect settings but there are no detailed calibrations settings. It just asks if it can see the floor, then it has me tilt the Kinect to line up the angle and it does a sound check. Thats all. Are there deeper calibration settings that i am missing? I am playing in a well lit room with plenty of room and clear floor space. This has become beyond frustrating to me, but not unexpected unfortunately. Can anyone help, or are you also have the same problems as i am?

#2 Edited by dinb (1132 posts) -

Omg I have the same issue. I never had such issues with kinnect 1. I even had those nyko glasse on it which made it less precise.

I find with kinnect 2 that hand tracking is not great and doing the pushing motion to click on things is annoying.

It keeps on saying it can't see the floor but that is not true. I do have a coffee table so I will try moving it.

#3 Edited by Videodogg (12531 posts) -

@dinb said:

Omg I have the same issue. I never had such issues with kinnect 1. I even had those nyko glasse on it which made it less precise.

I find with kinnect 2 that hand tracking is not great and doing the pushing motion to click on things is annoying.

It keeps on saying it can't see the floor but that is not true. I do have a coffee table so I will try moving it.

Im sorry to hear you are having the same problem, but i am also glad to hear i am not alone. I hope it is just early software bugs and not a indication of how crappy Kinect 2.0 is going to be. ( i am JoPython52.

#4 Posted by dinb (1132 posts) -

Ok buddy I got it fixed. I already saw this once but it required fiddling with the kinnect and going settings. Last time I went into the kinnect runner it asked me if I see the floor. I said yes. This time it drew a green map of the floor but it was way too high. I told it to lower it until reached my floor. Then I saved the settings. Wave racing game works perfectly. Issue is that I only saw this floor adjustment menu 1/15 times trying do I have no clue what I did, but the kinnect was definitely not reading my floor properly. Give it a shot.

#5 Posted by OW3N111 (6 posts) -

I have same problem I've found from reddit that in my case and most others it's from laminated or wooden flooring creating a shiny reflective surface that the Kinect does not like. Hopefully a software update will fix this........ =(

#6 Posted by Videodogg (12531 posts) -

@ow3n111 said:

I have same problem I've found from reddit that in my case and most others it's from laminated or wooden flooring creating a shiny reflective surface that the Kinect does not like. Hopefully a software update will fix this........ =(

Hum. I suspected as much. I guess i need to get a large throw rug.

#7 Posted by Slannmage (5483 posts) -

I have the same problem and I have carpet.

#8 Posted by dinb (1132 posts) -

Guys you have to go in the menu and adjust the floor level. Otherwise it won't work.

#9 Posted by mynamesdenvrmax (2167 posts) -

Maybe you're a ghost!

I haven't actually tried too much Kinect stuff. It does let me use my hands sitting down which is an improvement.

#10 Posted by GTA_Edm (1493 posts) -

You aren't a soulless ginger, are you?