Xbox One leaking fluid

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Foiyo (751 posts) -

Well, it looks as if the rumors were true; I noticed my Xbox One had that "milky" oil? (Not sure what to call it) on the vents. To me, it wasn't oily but, kinda the opposite. It was pretty annoying to get off, but still came off.

I'm assuming it was my xbox, but there's a slight chance my brother might have spilled something on it with out telling me. Yeah, he disrespects all my shit.

I took a picture of it and will upload soon. Ever since December, has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: picture

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/foiyo/Mobile%20Uploads/11E10172-9F50-4B86-8407-5C53B0154E48.jpg

#2 Edited by regnaston (226 posts) -

Is there a fan blowing upward there? (not near my XB1 to check)

If not, I am not sure how any liquid would get there from inside, which would mean a spill from the outisde

Any leak would show at the bottom or sides (IMO)

#3 Posted by DontReviveMeBro (7 posts) -

How..

#4 Edited by Foiyo (751 posts) -

@regnaston: I believe there is a fan blowing upwards, but I'm not positive

#5 Edited by regnaston (226 posts) -

I just watched a teardown video

Tear Down Video

There is a huge fan where the "leak" is on your Xbox. It is covering a water cooling system. So I wonder if you have a leak in your coolant

#6 Posted by Foiyo (751 posts) -

@regnaston: I guess we'll see! I cleaned it off and will see if it's back in a couple days or so

#7 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@Foiyo said:

@regnaston: I guess we'll see! I cleaned it off and will see if it's back in a couple days or so

call MS tell them you want a advance replacement. instead of waiting and hoping

#8 Posted by juboner (367 posts) -

@regnaston: I dont think the xbone has a water coolant system

#9 Posted by regnaston (226 posts) -
@juboner said:

Check 11:35 of the video I posted.. It does have "water" cooling

#10 Posted by BattleSpectre (5953 posts) -

I'd be on the phone with MS as soon as possible. F*** waiting for it to happen again.

#11 Edited by sukraj (21902 posts) -

No leakage on my xbox one.

#12 Edited by rrjim1 (843 posts) -

@juboner said:

No, the X1 does not have water cooling, it has a heat sink with copper heat pipes. There is no water running threw the pipes. Something was spilled on his X1.

#13 Edited by juboner (367 posts) -

Its not water but some type of chemical is in the copper, but I dont think it circulates.

#14 Posted by Foiyo (751 posts) -

So far, nothing else. Gonna be on a lot today so we'll see after today

#15 Posted by Bishop1310 (959 posts) -

@juboner said:

lol water cooling... that would require a "pump" of some sort to move the liquid.. where do people come up with this shit.

#16 Posted by regnaston (226 posts) -

@regnaston said:
@juboner said:

lol water cooling... that would require a "pump" of some sort to move the liquid.. where do people come up with this shit.

You are right.. "Water cooling" would require a pump. What I meant by water cooling is that there is some liquid in those heat pipes. That liquid could be coming out the high end of the pipe.

I guess what I meant to say is that they are "cooled with water" (or liquid) but not water cooled in the strictest sense of the term

#17 Edited by RimacBugatti (1189 posts) -

It's possible that a chemical would dissipate heat better than metal. Obviously copper is the best as far as metals are concerned. There are liquids that stay at certain temperatures. But as said in order for the liquid to be on top it would have to be flipped or liquid pored onto. Sounds to me that your brother is an ungrateful brat that doesn't respect other people's things.

#18 Posted by WrathofJrod (10 posts) -

White and sticky...HMMM