Xbox One - Good or Bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

Poll Xbox One - Good or Bad? (81 votes)

Good 80%
Bad 20%

This Poll is to find out the Good and the Bad of the Xbox One.

Please leave you comments about what you think is Good or Bad and even what you would like to see added or taken away from the Xbox One.

• 
GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

This Poll is to find out the Good and the Bad of the Xbox One.

Please leave you comments about what you think is Good or Bad and even what you would like to see added or taken away from the Xbox One.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own Xbone.

GwG has been a big let down. 5 games so far since launch, and most of them are lower quality. (Especially when compared to the competition's similar PS+ which gave 14 games to their audience, and of higher quality.) Kinect has been a waste, they should have had AAA software at launch to show why Kinect was bundled. Now Kinect has been relegated to the status it was on 360, optional.

The biggest titles I'm interested in are 2015 titles like 343's Halo 5, Black Tusk's first video game (GeoW 4), and Remedy's Quantum Break.

My only fear is 343 let me down with Halo 4, I have no idea how Black Tusk is as a studio quality wise, and Remedy's latest seems like Max Payne 4 gameplay, but I like Max Payne so that's cool. Next Year is going to be a good year, assuming all three of those games come out. I wouldn't be surprised though if Remedy's game gets delayed.

I waited from 2005 Alan Wake reveal and Remedy's game got delayed so many times that I didn't get to play Alan Wake until 2010. Long Wait! So, I do expect a delay for Remedy's Quantum, maybe. I was already told it was due this year, but now it's Q2 2015. Hopefully that's the final date. Black Tusk none of us know about them yet, and 343 is new too and while Halo 4 was good, it wasn't up to Halo standards in many gamers eyes, mine included. I think they can do better though.

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

Good:

- Good selection of games coming out in the future (Halo:MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Quantum Break, the new Fable game)...not to mention multi plats like Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition, Evolve, COD:AW, and many more.

- Nice controller

- Kinect features are kind of cool, although not groundbreaking.

- XBL (still better than PSN IMO)....and I expect GwG to get better as time goes on.

Bad: $500 price (if you want the Kinect).

- Launching with only 500 GB (not terrible for me but I'll probably add an external HDD sometime in the future).

- Slightly weaker hardware than the PS4.

- Selection of games at the moment are okay, but could be better.

Regarding Halo 5 as talked about above, I have a good feeling about this one. I think 343 learned from their mistakes and will make Halo 5 more of a classic Halo game. I believe I heard in a video that they are getting rid of loadouts and that everyone will start with the same weapons...this is a step in the right direction if true.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

There r a ton of exclusives coming for the xbox one and the controller is very comfortable too.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

i voted for good because there wasnt pretty meh option

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Good :

1. Great Exclusive line up : Quantum Break , Halo ( I'm a big fan ) , Fable , Forza ( Big fan again ) , Phantom Dust , Titanfall , Sunset Overdrive , Scalebound , Gears of war , Crackdown and more ... also Great Multiplatform games coming , like Witcher 3 , Batman Arkham Knight and Destiny .

2. Amazing controller

3. Xbox Live, amazing online service and the best Multiplayer experience

4. Cool UI and other entertainment , i really like the pinning thing

5. Kinect is actually good and has potential to effect games in some cool ways .

6. The Console is quiet and really cold even after hours of playing !

Bad :

1. Weaker hardware compared to PS4 , which results in lower resolution in some games .

2. the Console is ... really big ! seriously . this thing is huge . couldn't fit it beside my 360 under the TV . the power brick is also huge :D

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Your poll makes no sense TC, if you want a list of pros and cons, why are you making people chose between either good or bad?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

People made some pretty good points so far.

More Positives

I'd also agree that the XBO UI is better, and nicer-looking than the PS4 one. The colors really pop, too. I imagine I would get more out of the One UI if I owned a Kinect, though. Pinning is a great concept. Some things about the UI are still kind of hard to figure out though. It is better than how the XB 360 UI turned out towards the end with ads and stuff, I think.

I think it has a nice base of games so far, but I am looking forward to better games coming out for it. I think whoever was in charge of scouting for a variety of interesting games for the One, succeeded big-time. I think there is a lot more on the horizon for XBO gamers than PS4 gamers at present.

Something nobody else mentioned was the controllers. Personally, I think the XBO has the better controller. It is more ergonomic for starters. It also has one major advantage over the PS4 controller - you can power it with two AA batteries, or buy a charge pack. I think there are typically a better variety of charging methods for XB controllers than there are for PS controllers.

I think the hardware of the XBO is, quite honestly, great. The system seems sturdy, doesn't seem like it will break or get damaged easily. Size and comparisons to a brick be damned!

More Negatives

The XBO online 'store' leaves a lot to be desired. It isn't a library of games you can browse through like it was on the XB 360, with the 'Arcade' program. This could be, and needs to be, improved dramatically. It also isn't updated very often, and not many games have demos. You pretty much just hunt through the latest additions, best sellers, or use 'Bing' to try to search for stuff. Bleh!

Someone hit the nail on the head with cost. The XBO doesn't come cheap. Microsoft has made efforts towards reducing costs, by packaging the system without the Kinect. They also frequently do bundles of upcoming games, which might have some value over buying everything individually. But I already expect to buy a Kinect at some future date to see what it adds to the system, and I'm sure someday down the road I will want a bigger Harddrive, so the cost will still be an issue in the long-term.

A lot of the hit games on the One, even exclusives, are being ported elsewhere, or else are available on the 360 as well. It makes it tough to convince people the XBO is a good console and worth the cost, whenever it doesn't have too many exclusives going for it. But hopefully, as time goes on, it will get those exclusives and keep them.

The loss of focus on the Kinect and original programming for the system, will also hurt the console a bit. Microsoft already reversed a lot of policies leading up to the system's release, and then they had to go and make more cuts. Hopefully the programming the console does get turns out good, and the Kinect functionality turns out practical and interesting.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Your poll makes no sense TC, if you want a list of pros and cons, why are you making people chose between either good or bad?

What is an ass-backwards hillbilly troll? Fanboys for 400 please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@softwaregeek said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

What is an ass-backwards hillbilly troll? Fanboys for 400 please.

???

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

The Good:

• controller
  • kinect
  • good exclusives coming
  • xbox live = best online experience for gaming
  • cloud
    • cloud servers for games
    • game saves and storage etc.
  • good ui
  • constantly updated
  • great apps
  • windows 8 machines can stream to the x1

The Bad:

• Price ($500) with Kinect
  • Not enough games out yet
  • Still no 3d blu-ray support

The Ugly:

• Under delivering on Kinect games
  • No streaming from windows 7 machines
  • Worst unveiling of all time.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#12 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

@CrossFire245 said:

Regarding Halo 5 as talked about above, I have a good feeling about this one. I think 343 learned from their mistakes and will make Halo 5 more of a classic Halo game. I believe I heard in a video that they are getting rid of loadouts and that everyone will start with the same weapons...this is a step in the right direction if true.

Absolutely true.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Xbox one is Good. Microsoft has been listening to Xbox fans. Doing away with the Kinect was a good move for Microsoft. Xbox one has seen a increase in sales. Just reaching the 5 million mark. Microsoft had a good E3 2014 and Gamescom 2014 which saw MS focus on games for the Xbox one. Hardcore gamers are Microsoft's bread and butter with the Xbox one. MS has been proactive at turning around the Xbox one. Good recovery from a less than stellar launch.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@sukraj said:

There r a ton of exclusives coming for the xbox one and the controller is very comfortable too.

Yeah that's the reason I love it. Best controller and best exclusives IMO.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

The Xbox One is a great console despite what some of the people on other forums may say. I bought the X1 because I bought the X360 which I bought because I bought the original XBOX. I love the controller style, XBL, the Xbox franchises and so on. The Xbox One just feels like a step up in the evolution of the franchise. The Windows 8ish interface is nice and clean and easy to use. The TV integration a very nice especially with the abilities that the Kinect sensor gives you to SNAP between TV and games or SKYPE and games. The ability to record you best gaming moments without having to touch a button is very nice as well.

$499 is a bit steep for a gaming console, but if money is the issue for you, there is the Kinect-less $399 SKU for you to pick up. The system fuctions just a fluid without the Kinect as it does with it save for maybe a few things like recording game clips and and switching back and forth from gaming to TV.

Don't listen to the trolls over in SW about the X1's power. The games look every bit as good as they do on the PS4 and you would never be able to tell unless you had them running side by side and even then, the differences if any would be minimal.

If you enjoyed the original XBOX or X360, I see no reason why you wont like the XBOX ONE. Because if you liked those previous consoles, you know what you are getting in the upcoming year or so....Halo TMCC and Halo 5, Fable Legends, Gears of War, Forza Horizons 2, CoD favoritism over PS4, plus new IP's like Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Below, Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Ori and the Blind Forest and much more.

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

I thought the latest update added 3d blue ray support?

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@RapidTurtle said:

I thought the latest update added 3d blue ray support?

I'm pretty sure it did too.

I am really digging my xbox one.

User interface, controller is awesome (coming from the playstation, it's a nice improvement)

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The good is that it has the best controller of all time, Xbox Live still offers the best online gaming experience, Kinect 2.0 is a very impressive piece of technology that I'm still hoping some creative developer will make great use of in the future, and Microsoft has obviously been listening to fans and working harder than Sony and Nintendo since launch to improve and fix the things people have complained about which I appreciate and it makes me think Xbox One has a bright future ahead.

I think Xbox One currently ranks in between Wii U and PS4 when it comes to games. The Wii U currently has the best library, Xbox One has the second best, and PS4 has the weakest.

The bad is that as of right now nobody has done anything great with Kinect 2.0, so it has just been a waste of $100. And my biggest complaint about Xbox One is how inferior the marketplace is compared to the 360. Seriously, what happened? The 360 marketplace was great, but it is a mess on the Xbox One. I hate how they no longer seperate the arcade and indie games from the digital copies of retail games. And I really hate how they no longer require demos.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sukraj

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@sukraj said:

Yeah that's the reason I love it. Best controller and best exclusives IMO.

yep I couldn't agree more

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

Troll spotted.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sukraj

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

The Xbox One is a great console despite what some of the people on other forums may say. I bought the X1 because I bought the X360 which I bought because I bought the original XBOX. I love the controller style, XBL, the Xbox franchises and so on. The Xbox One just feels like a step up in the evolution of the franchise. The Windows 8ish interface is nice and clean and easy to use. The TV integration a very nice especially with the abilities that the Kinect sensor gives you to SNAP between TV and games or SKYPE and games. The ability to record you best gaming moments without having to touch a button is very nice as well.

$499 is a bit steep for a gaming console, but if money is the issue for you, there is the Kinect-less $399 SKU for you to pick up. The system fuctions just a fluid without the Kinect as it does with it save for maybe a few things like recording game clips and and switching back and forth from gaming to TV.

Don't listen to the trolls over in SW about the X1's power. The games look every bit as good as they do on the PS4 and you would never be able to tell unless you had them running side by side and even then, the differences if any would be minimal.

If you enjoyed the original XBOX or X360, I see no reason why you wont like the XBOX ONE. Because if you liked those previous consoles, you know what you are getting in the upcoming year or so....Halo TMCC and Halo 5, Fable Legends, Gears of War, Forza Horizons 2, CoD favoritism over PS4, plus new IP's like Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Below, Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Ori and the Blind Forest and much more.

I'm a bit like u I bought the original Xbox back in 2001 or 2002 and then I bought the 360 and inbetween that I bought a PS3 I regret making that purchase because I wasn't interested in any of the exclusives and I didn't like the ps3 controller as much as the xbox controller.

You will always get fanboys that say the ps4 is more powerful but to me both consoles are identical when it comes to graphics alright there are a few games on the PS4 that are 1080p that aren't 1080p on the Xbox One but recently more and more games on the Xbox One are 1080p so Microsoft are doing something right to make the difference minimum when it comes to resoulution.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GH05T-666

I like that I could watch USB Movies and music on Xbox One now.

KillMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KillMaster
Member since 2003 • 383 Posts

So far I love my Xbox One, really love playing BF4 64 players

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I can´t say if it´s good or bad; so far I´m dissapointed to the point I´m not buying in a very long time. I find the console to be too big, too clumsy, the HDD can´t be upgraded ( heck it´s not even accessible ), 500 GB is just poor when a bunch of games install 50 GB in your HDD to run, I hate the looks and I simply do not understand why Microsoft insists in you having a Kinect ( they can easly just sell the console with one control ).

IMHO, Microsoft really screwed up.

Since this thread also includes what would I want my list is:

Make it smaller ! make it better looking ! make the HDD upgradeable and easy to access ! eliminate the Kinect ! .... Microsoft is letting Sony whup it´s rear end.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

@raugutcon: they are selling the console without kinect now . in case if you don't know ....

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@sukraj said:

this pretty much seals the deal right here. it actually has a bunch of exclusives that have actual gameplay and not some artsy fartsy movie-games, and it has the most comfortable controller out of all the competition.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sukraj

@ps4hasnogames said:

@sukraj said:

this pretty much seals the deal right here. it actually has a bunch of exclusives that have actual gameplay and not some artsy fartsy movie-games, and it has the most comfortable controller out of all the competition.

I totally agree and the Xbox is reasonably priced too.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Oh yes, the console maybe sold without kinect, that isn't going to make it smaller, that won't make the HDD upgradeable and easy to access.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#29 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

I'm happy with it.Alway's loved the Xbox brand.

jay_k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30 jay_k3
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts

I really like the snap feature, and voice command is actually pretty awesome. I think the fact that you can talk to your console and it actually does what you tell it is definitely a next gen feature. The xbox one is awesome because it can do so much more than just playing video games.

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

The console is not that big, and is actually better looking than the PS4, in my opinion. The PS4 looks like a crooked binder. As far as the hard drive goes, you can buy an external HD and hook it up to the Xbone. That will solve your storage problems. Anymore fanboy bitching?

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GH05T-666

Is the Xbox One loud?

opokalipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By opokalipse
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

The good is that it has the best controller of all time, Xbox Live still offers the best online gaming experience, Kinect 2.0 is a very impressive piece of technology that I'm still hoping some creative developer will make great use of in the future, and Microsoft has obviously been listening to fans and working harder than Sony and Nintendo since launch to improve and fix the things people have complained about which I appreciate and it makes me think Xbox One has a bright future ahead.

I think Xbox One currently ranks in between Wii U and PS4 when it comes to games. The Wii U currently has the best library, Xbox One has the second best, and PS4 has the weakest.

The bad is that as of right now nobody has done anything great with Kinect 2.0, so it has just been a waste of $100. And my biggest complaint about Xbox One is how inferior the marketplace is compared to the 360. Seriously, what happened? The 360 marketplace was great, but it is a mess on the Xbox One. I hate how they no longer seperate the arcade and indie games from the digital copies of retail games. And I really hate how they no longer require demos.

I hate how its more of a media center then a gaming console. the 360 interface was easy and fun to use, the interface for the xbox one is annoying i still cant use it to save my life. im buying an xbox one next month because they finally price dropped the console and with the release of destiny an actual reason to purchase the console. the ps4 is easier for parties and the controller is a lot better than the ps3, also since more people bought the ps4 your more likely to play with more people online then the xbox. i just think they really dropped the ball with the xbox one the l1 and r1 buttons stick, the interface isnt as great and having the console sell for 500 for about a year was dumb.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@opokalipse said:

@starwolf474 said:

I hate how its more of a media center then a gaming console. the 360 interface was easy and fun to use, the interface for the xbox one is annoying i still cant use it to save my life. im buying an xbox one next month because they finally price dropped the console and with the release of destiny an actual reason to purchase the console. the ps4 is easier for parties and the controller is a lot better than the ps3, also since more people bought the ps4 your more likely to play with more people online then the xbox. i just think they really dropped the ball with the xbox one the l1 and r1 buttons stick, the interface isnt as great and having the console sell for 500 for about a year was dumb.

System Wars is that way >>>>>

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Good: No problems with it as of yet.

Bad: Not enough quality games.

oo_Yungstar_oo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 oo_Yungstar_oo
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts

as a new system for playing games, it's good.

as a new system with a useable interface, its beyond bad.. but getting better all the time.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GH05T-666

What do you all think about the 60fps 1080p problems?

Why is Xbox One having so much trouble achieving this?

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GH05T-666

Best Xbox One game out right now?

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@GH05T-666 said:

Is the Xbox One loud?

No not at all. It's large size means its well ventilated resulting in a practically silent system, even during gameplay.

@GH05T-666 said:

What do you all think about the 60fps 1080p problems?

Why is Xbox One having so much trouble achieving this?

Well, no console can reach 60fps 1080p on anything xD The Xbox usually has a slightly lower res or a couple less frames because, well...it's a little weaker. Usually not enough to matter considerably, and if devs aren't lazy they can be pretty damn close. The X1 has a trickier configuration and less gpu juice over all. fps and resolution is no problem as long as the games play amazingly and look good.

@GH05T-666 said:

Best Xbox One game out right now?

Out currently? Probably Forza Horizon 2 and Titanfall (if we are talking not available on Playstation that is). Killer Instinct is also worth noting as it's lots of fun. But Sunset Overdrive, and Master Chief Collection are also right around the corner.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Please refrain from bumping old topics in the future. Thank you.

Locked.