demolish101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 demolish101
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi all! First of all, this is my first post. And no, i am not a troll despite evidence suggesting so.

I currently have a 360 and going to buy an Xbox One next month or so. I have this huge monitor but the speakers don't work so there is no audio. With the Xbox 360 (as far as i know) there is no possible way of connecting external speakers directly to the Xbox for audio.

As i've said, my speakers on my monitor are broken but it is so big and i would not want to play Xbox One on the small TV i am currently using. Is there any way i can connect external speakers directly or indirectly into my Xbox One and then just use my HDMI connection to the TV for visuals (which has no audio and external speakers connected to it will thus not have audio).

Thanks

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

see if your TV has a headphone jack and see if that works since the speakers won't

or get a new TV

or, use the XBO's optical out to send sound to a receiver with an optical input

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

The usual setup is hook the Xbox or whatever to a video a receiver and then the monitor to the video output of the receiver. Then you can hook up a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker set to the receiver. Another option is a sound bar that has optical input.

demolish101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 demolish101

Thanks for suggestions!

demolish101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 demolish101

Solution Found! To connect external speakers to your Xbox 360 while using the HDMI cable for video, you must connect your HDMI to the TV/Monitor and have your AV cables in at the same time connecting to the audio source.

You must pop open the casing of the HDMI cable preventing the use of HDMI and AV at the same time. Find videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhTw1W9jBc

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Look up toslink to rca adapter. And then get a rca to 3.5mm adapter to plug into your pc speakers, this is what you are asking for.