Xbox making weird noises...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
deactivated-601cc8c28f97e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
Member since 2005 • 679 Posts
So i popped in forza 2 in my xbox and i was in the dashboard. When the cd was reading it make a weird noise like the reader was getting stuck and the noise was getting louder. I know its coming from the cd reader and i have no idea whats jamming or making the noise. It also happens when the game is loading.
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
does it sound like a moose?
ashuncc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ashuncc2
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
Good luck. I've had a 360 since Sept '05, and I am on my second console. The first started making a lot more noise right before the ring of death. Let's hope that's not your situation.
gamble61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamble61
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts
man thats what happen to my 360, start making weird noise and then it would play my games. i think your 360 is going to die.
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
So i popped in forza 2 in my xbox and i was in the dashboard. When the cd was reading it make a weird noise like the reader was getting stuck and the noise was getting louder. I know its coming from the cd reader and i have no idea whats jamming or making the noise. It also happens when the game is loading.balla4162
is thhe cd scratch
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts
First check the center part of the cd for a crack. I bought a brand new 360 and let my friend use it while his was being repaired ( I had a launch system which I felt was about to die and I'm not paying $150 for a refurb from M$ so bought a new one early). My box died and naturally picked the new one up. The next day Forza wouldn't load and when I removed the game I noticed a crack in the center. Naturally I thought it was due to the case but when my friend got his back from repair it wouldnt load Forza and his too had a crack in the center. I have never had a game, movie, or cd crack in this manner and is kind of odd both games were in the same box and both cracked. I exchanged the 3 day old 360 at the store.
darkxtnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 darkxtnight
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
That sounds similiar to what happened to mine. It makes a few faint beeping noises and it sounds like the reader is jammed. does it say the disc is unreadable or does it still play? I called Microsoft and sent it off and they sent me a new one free so... all is not lost.
Scalemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scalemaster
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
I hate to say it but your 360 might be dying. Mine started making loud noises when the game would load and when the game would stop spinning it would make a lurching clunk clunk sound. After a while it would no longer read disks and I had to send it in for repair as the dvd drive failed.I got it back it from Microsoft and the noises are still present though it works (sorta as it still freezes occasionally and its getting worse). I expect I will need to send it in for repair again within the next 6 months if not sooner.
donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 donwon06
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
mine does that and when i usually hear that noise mine gives me an error sayin the disk needs to be cleaned even though it's a brand new game. happened to me playing ncaa 08 the other night. i've replaced my 360 twice cause of this problem. now it looks like i'm gonna have to do it again
donwon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 donwon06
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts

man i've had to replace mine twice because of that unreadable crap and the new they gave just did it the other night. i can't stand that crap. it makes me not even want to mess with it anymore

Xblox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xblox
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I had to send in my Xbox in June 14th, for the same reason. I was playing Forza 2 and it was making weird noises, and the fan would go high-pitched than low pitch, eventually it wouldn't read the disc, or any of my games.
tactical_nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tactical_nick
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts
Uhhh, my Xbox has made that noise for about 5-6 months. It isn't breaking discs or anything like that and it's not showing any signs of dying soon. Dunno, but I have the same exact problem as you explained. My friend also has that problem too and his system isn't breaking discs. :P
azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
lol the more I see stuff like this the happier i am of not being an XBOX owner lol
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
lol the more I see stuff like this the happier i am of not being an XBOX owner lolazimiballer

Wow congratulations, cause you know a few people posting on a forum means that all the millions of consoles out there are bad
azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
thats strange
specialk90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 specialk90
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts
it happened to me it sounds like a drill or somthing grinding. just send it to xbox it only took me 10 days from when i shipped it out. oh yeah u might want to get that fixed because it broke 2 of my games( gears and nba 2k7) :(
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CorporateHammer

Uhhh, my Xbox has made that noise for about 5-6 months. It isn't breaking discs or anything like that and it's not showing any signs of dying soon. Dunno, but I have the same exact problem as you explained. My friend also has that problem too and his system isn't breaking discs. :Ptactical_nick

I'm not saying the dvd drive cracked the disc but it is strange. Not showing signs of dying, did it make those noises out of the box? If not the noise is the sound of your 360 being burnt alive!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
yea it sounds like a moose its really loud and freezes sometimes and repeats some things that are already loaded dunno what the problem is and what should i do bc i no its the dvd drive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
also its not scratching the disk it just gets really loud and when u take out the cd its spinnin while u take it out.
Disturbed_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Disturbed_King
Member since 2007 • 554 Posts
Even though I'm still on my 1st 360, it's been making loud buzzing noises on random occassions when I turn it on for the past 6 months or so...but if I were you I wouldn't worry.
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CorporateHammer

also its not scratching the disk it just gets really loud and when u take out the cd its spinnin while u take it out.balla4162

For statrers you should call 800 4 my xbox and see if its under warranty. If you wait you will regret it. If the cd is still spinning when you eject it there is something wrong with the dvd drive for sure as this is not normal.

josh32003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 josh32003
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
what did you guys do to fix your problem....? my xbox only played 3 games then i went to iraq and when i got back i went to play it again but it wont load games just makes a wierd beeping noise the when open and close it, it does the same **** i took it back to circuit city but they said my warannty expired 9 days ago and won't do anything to help evn though i just got back from iraq............ so i called xbox they said the same thing.. except that if i wanted it fixed it would cost 99$ i was like wtf the guy at circiut city said that xbox has this problem on almost every system and are in the process of fixing the bugs....... so why can't we get ours fixed for free.....?
Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts
So i popped in forza 2 in my xbox and i was in the dashboard. When the cd was reading it make a weird noise like the reader was getting stuck and the noise was getting louder. I know its coming from the cd reader and i have no idea whats jamming or making the noise. It also happens when the game is loading.balla4162
RRoD immiment imho :|
Xprimentyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Xprimentyl
Member since 2004 • 2283 Posts

does it sound like a moose?RamboSymbiot

LMAO! Yeah, my last Box made a similar sound; I compared it to a goose with strep throat. Either way, it resulted in a journey to McAllen, TX and two weeks of gamelessness....

flamin_devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 flamin_devil
Member since 2003 • 71 Posts

Ok my 360 does the same thing and i only have it for 3 months so far. I've been playing ninja gaiden black and the fan does very high pitched noises throughout the time i play which is so annoying but i never really thought that this would mean that its showing signs of dying and eventually might RRoD.

Anyway, if it would eventually RROD, consoles can be shipped and accepted by MS from any country ? coz im living in the middleast, so do they do this services for consoles available in the US or worldwide ?

D3MON1CBLACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 D3MON1CBLACK
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
well i live in holland and i just send it to ms yesterday so dont worry they will come and get your 360