xbox live sign up??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by zerokv1 (6 posts) -

itried to recovermy gamertag ata friendshouse and it said "Xbox live signup is currently unavailable..try again later" i called xbox and they said that it was kind of downish but they didnt know when it would work again. did this happen to anyone else?

thanks in advance

#2 Posted by webby1 (4012 posts) -
Yea you cant recover gamertags atm its down for everyone. Its normally down for a few hours.
#3 Posted by zerokv1 (6 posts) -

Yea you cant recover gamertags atm its down for everyone. Its normally down for a few hours.webby1

so it could be down for the rest of the night then?

#4 Posted by Cookieking92 (19 posts) -
It could be.
#6 Posted by pygmahia5 (7408 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cookieking92"]It could be. zerokv1

o sweet...i like it when M$ screws me in the @$$

me too. its not workin for me either

#7 Posted by Dark_knight24 (106 posts) -
its connected for me right now......
#8 Posted by Jericho721 (700 posts) -
Yea you cant recover gamertags atm its down for everyone. Its normally down for a few hours.webby1
mm interesting, i hope it gets fixed soon
#9 Posted by Jericho721 (700 posts) -
its connected for me right now......Dark_knight24
you can connect to xbox live but you can recover your gamertag, for the moment
#10 Posted by Syborg_V2 (1 posts) -

Same problem here!

& It's still down!

#11 Posted by ubtman (26 posts) -
It happens every freaking weekend!!! Every Friday, I go to a buddy's house and we get drunk and play Halo online. Then when I get home the next day to play, I cannot recover my gamertag. Microsoft thinks it is a good idea to update their thing during maybe the busiest part of the weekend. It freakin sucks, because even if I didn't want to play a game online, I can't play anything because if I cant sign in, I can't load any of my saved games
#12 Posted by tristanstewart (3 posts) -
is it still down for you guys? ive tried a few times over the last 3-4 hours and it gets 25% into downloading my gamertag then tells me its error about xbox live signup being unavailable. i saw somewhere to also try updating your billing information, but i cant find where to update it.
#13 Posted by deltaboarder18 (2527 posts) -

is it still down for you guys? ive tried a few times over the last 3-4 hours and it gets 25% into downloading my gamertag then tells me its error about xbox live signup being unavailable. i saw somewhere to also try updating your billing information, but i cant find where to update it. tristanstewart

xbox.com

#14 Posted by pygmahia5 (7408 posts) -

is it still down for you guys? ive tried a few times over the last 3-4 hours and it gets 25% into downloading my gamertag then tells me its error about xbox live signup being unavailable. i saw somewhere to also try updating your billing information, but i cant find where to update it. tristanstewart

yes! thats exactly how it is for me! ahhhh it gives me false hope then shoots me down. but i gotta q

if i recover my gt on a MU, can i play live without a harddrive?

#15 Posted by tristanstewart (3 posts) -

[QUOTE="tristanstewart"]is it still down for you guys? ive tried a few times over the last 3-4 hours and it gets 25% into downloading my gamertag then tells me its error about xbox live signup being unavailable. i saw somewhere to also try updating your billing information, but i cant find where to update it. pygmahia5

yes! thats exactly how it is for me! ahhhh it gives me false hope then shoots me down. but i gotta q

if i recover my gt on a MU, can i play live without a harddrive?

i bought a mu today because of all this crap and still failing...but yes, a mu can replace your hd. obviously not in size, but in function.

#16 Posted by Shoopdog (24 posts) -
It's really pissing me off. I wanna play Assassin's Creed and actually be able to get my achievements.
#17 Posted by hopon (36 posts) -

Same for me too trying to recover my gamertag since friday evening & now stiil can't :cry:

#18 Posted by xGAMExTIMEx (14 posts) -
How often does this happen? I have been trying to recover my gamertag for two days with no luck. Same freakin message every time!! The whole reason I have to do this is because the XBox Service Agents (WHO SUCK!!!) told me I had to reformat my hard drive because my screen kept freezing. This is the 3rd XBox 360 I have had in a year. These things are nothing but problems. I had a PS2 for four years and never had a single issue. I am seriously considering switching over to a PS3 even though the game title selection is not as good. All I want to do is freakin play a game. I am having withdrawls!! ;o)
#19 Posted by tristanstewart (3 posts) -

for me and others on another forum, the problem seems to be resolved. for now...

somewhere in all this i lost my game saves though.

#20 Posted by Shoopdog (24 posts) -
I'll think twice before trying to recover my gamertag on another console again.
#21 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -

ok i know this thread is old now but...

how long did it take u all to be able to recover again, because its seems to be happening again, and looking on many forums it seems to happen regulary, my problem is that when ever i go from my mums to my dads house i have to recover my gamertag from one console to the other, but i have never had these problems before, but then again this is first time i have tried on a friday night, i usually recover saturday morning and when i get back to my dads on sunday night, so does this mainly happen on friday evenings? because it always seems to beon fridays these problems are posted.Ive been unable to recover so far for 6 hours since i got back to my dads at 6:00pm and it is now 12:00am how mcuh longer do u think i will have to wait?

#22 Posted by pygmahia5 (7408 posts) -

ok i know this thread is old now but...

how long did it take u all to be able to recover again, because its seems to be happening again, and looking on many forums it seems to happen regulary, my problem is that when ever i go from my mums to my dads house i have to recover my gamertag from one console to the other, but i have never had these problems before, but then again this is first time i have tried on a friday night, i usually recover saturday morning and when i get back to my dads on sunday night, so does this mainly happen on friday evenings? because it always seems to beon fridays these problems are posted.Ive been unable to recover so far for 6 hours since i got back to my dads at 6:00pm and it is now 12:00am how mcuh longer do u think i will have to wait?

NathanBJ1

took like a couple hours

#23 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -
ok 9:00am next morning, still not working, been 16 hours so far
#24 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -
ive heard it can also be down to billing info, and i think the credit card might expire this jan, so it might have refused next months payment, if so how can i update the info? because obviously i cant do it on my xbox because it wont even let u sign in :?
#25 Posted by pygmahia5 (7408 posts) -

ive heard it can also be down to billing info, and i think the credit card might expire this jan, so it might have refused next months payment, if so how can i update the info? because obviously i cant do it on my xbox because it wont even let u sign in :?NathanBJ1

idk man....thats kind of weird...maybe ur gt is at a friends house

#26 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -
what ya mean? like theyve recovered it on their console? it should still let me recover it tho even if it is
#27 Posted by ALLoY1717 (6746 posts) -
Yeah last night I couldn't even sign in. Thought it was my tag that messed up so i deleted it and now can't get it back. this is real annoying.
#28 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -

i suppose it could be the time of year, if something is wrong with the sign up server, i doubt anyone is gonna wanna take time outta their hols to fix it

#29 Posted by ALLoY1717 (6746 posts) -

i suppose it could be the time of year, if something is wrong with the sign up server, i doubt anyone is gonna wanna take time outta their hols to fix it

NathanBJ1

Dude we pay for this service they ain't got a choice.

#30 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -
and theres no way im gonna ring microsoft, they always say its your fault and spend a couple hours telling you to run checks on your connection, which i know for a fact is fine, as i'm on the internet on my computer for a start, and running a connection test on my xbox was the first thing i tried, the credit card doesn't expire until the end of january so it shouldnt be that, so im pretty sure its the servers that are the problem, but still, with all these people that are gonna be wanting to create their accounts to play on their new xboxs they got for xmas, and all the people that wanna play again, it still sucks, and when we pay at least £40 (or about $80) a year, its not like were not paying them, so they should hurry up and do sumthing about it.
#31 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -
lol alloy1717, i was just typing that as you posted.
#32 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -
anyway it has always worked for me before on sat mornings, at about 10:30 - 11:00am so ill try then, if it isnt working then, they must be having a major problem because that means their server ould have been down for 19 hours about, at least, probably longer, but that would be how long i would have been trying to recover. I really hope it does, because im getting myself a nice new HDTV to play my xbox on, so it would be nice if it actually works.
#33 Posted by Robertoey (1996 posts) -
When I got myself an Xbox last week it took me a good hour and a half to finally create my live account. No problems afterwards however.
#34 Posted by NathanBJ1 (12 posts) -

ok it as finally worked! at 10:45am, it let me recover again.

My advice to anyone this happens to: do not panic, do not delete your gamertag, and most ertaintly dont format your hard drive as i have seen suggested, i cannot personally see how this helps, you jus gotta wait for them lazy guys up at microsoft to finish playin with their servers and all will be ok again! :D