Xbox Live - Promoting to Adult account -

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Abdullahcoolyo (1967 posts) -
I tried changing my account to an adult by going to my "Account Management" but the option is not there.
I think this is because my xbox turned off during an update 3 or 4 weeks ago. The xbox was pretty mest up and i had to do a couple of things including recovering my gamertag to fix it. Is there any way of fixing this? Is it because my update failed? How can i update?
#2 Posted by Abdullahcoolyo (1967 posts) -
no1 can help me???
#3 Posted by aimxplode (59 posts) -

no1 can help me???Abdullahcoolyo
I tried changing my account to an adult by going to my "Account Management" but the option is not there.
I think this is because my xbox turned off during an update 3 or 4 weeks ago. The xbox was pretty mest up and i had to do a couple of things including recovering my gamertag to fix it. Is there any way of fixing this? Is it because my update failed? How can i update?Abdullahcoolyo

Xbox LIVE is an 18+ service according to the TOS. You knew this by reading it when you signed up. You will not be able to have an adult account until you turn 18, or you make a new account.

#4 Posted by MIB911 (1720 posts) -
u cant change ur child account into an adult account. the only to solutions are to live with it or pay for a separate Xbox Live subscription (u'd have to choose a different name too)...
#5 Posted by fred1712 (1220 posts) -
Pretty muh the only reason to get xbox live gold now is for online play....
#6 Posted by Abdullahcoolyo (1967 posts) -

To promote your child account to adult status

1. From any area of the Xbox Dashboard, select your gamer profile.
  2. Select Account Management.
  3. Select Promote Child Account.

Note

This option is available on child accounts only after the owner has reached the age of majority

It looks like im going to have to wait ;;- _-
    I changed the age on my windows live, is that going to make a difference?
    Also can i make another non gold account to download 18 rated games and stuff?

#7 Posted by Wardemon50 (1637 posts) -

We'll that just tells you to always fake your age

:)