Xbox Live NAT connection problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolman_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 coolman_2006
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

Ok, my xbox live connection works perfectly fine but for one thing, my NAT is moderate so i cant host matches, join matches or private chat with people who have moderate or strict NAT for their xbox 360 (BTW all my friends have moderate NAT). I've been told that if you can change you NAT connection to open then it will work. I have been told to open ports, trigger ports, DMZ all kind of stuff i really don't understand. Anyone who has an easy solution or a detailed (not vague) explanation on how to get my NAT from moderate to open please tell me because im really frustrated with this problem.

Just thought you should know that im connecting to xbox live through a ethernet crossover cable going from my xbox to my laptop. When my laptop is connected to the internet and plaugged into the 360, my 360 can connect to xbox live.

Also my router is a NETGEAR WGR614v7 and i have my UPnP open.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
All you have to do is look for the section of the router called DMZ, itll give you the option to type in an IP (or many), so type in the one for your console. Done. If your router lacks a DMZ option then nextime buy a better modem.
coolman_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 coolman_2006
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
it has DMZ in WAN setup. but it wont let me adjust the first three sets of numbers in the ip address. eg. 127.0.1(i cant change these numbers) and i need the 1 to be 0 and it doesnt let me change it.
dave425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 dave425
Member since 2007 • 812 Posts
yeah im have the same problem
SLYRIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SLYRIV
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts
yea i had the same problem..i got rid of DSL and got got comcast cable bought a nice linksys router and now everything works good..i even have 2 360's running on LIVE at the same time both with OPEN NAT..my suggestion is either get a better router or try opening up your firewall ports..i would call the company of your modem/router and get the codes to open them..or just get better gear..might not have enough bandwith or have to much running at once
fifthagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fifthagent
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
Try going to www.portforward.com. They have detailed explanations for how to open your ports.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

DMZNETGEAR

Thats from page 59 of the reference manual which is located here

tick the box, punch in ur xbox ip address, hit apply and thats it, doesnt get any easier.

Ironaulie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ironaulie
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
This site has good information on how to connect wirelessly to xbox live with a laptop or modified router and improving xbox live NAT rating:

How to connect to xbox live wirelessly http://howtoconnectwirelesslytoxboxlive.blogspot.com
NS_SH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NS_SH
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I have a problem with my XBOX LIVE connection, I have a good internet connection to my PC and Laptop in my house, but for some reason LIVE keeps kicking me out all the time. So i changed my account and it was working perfect for about a week. Reason I changed my account was cause when I signed in for a year of LIVE i set location as Sweden Europe. SO i thought i had bad connection cause of that. So i changed it. So back to it worked perfectly for about a week, but now it is kicking me out of games again. Anyone with a thought of why?

MaanBearPigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MaanBearPigg
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Ok so abviously i have a NAT issue. Heres the thing, iv just moved in with two friends. They have lived in this house for 6 months now and have everything all set up. My Problem is that they both have live as well as i do but im the only one with a moderate NAT. They both have an open NAT. Being we are all running of the same wifi router makes it confusing. Also they both have wireless adapters and im wired. Iv tried using there wifi adapters and im still getting the same NAT. The wifi router belongs to my roomate so changing IPs and UPnPs exct.. Is out of the ?. Just curious if theres a reason and/or a solution, or if its just time to get a new XBOX. Your help is appreciated.
MaanBearPigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MaanBearPigg
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Ok so abviously i have a NAT issue. Heres the thing, iv just moved in with two friends. They have lived in this house for 6 months now and have everything all set up. My Problem is that they both have live as well as i do but im the only one with a moderate NAT. They both have an open NAT. Being we are all running of the same wifi router makes it confusing. Also they both have wireless adapters and im wired. Iv tried using there wifi adapters and im still getting the same NAT. The wifi router belongs to my roomate so changing IPs and UPnPs exct.. Is out of the ?. Just curious if theres a reason and/or a solution, or if its just time to get a new XBOX. Your help is appreciated.MaanBearPigg
And idk about the rest of the world, but i cant reach my true potential with a lousy connection. I hate being stifled!