Xbox live gold with expired credit card?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

My credit card was gonna expire back in february so instead of going through the trouble of calling someone in India to get it cancelled I just didn't do anything hoping it will set me back to silver as soon as they were unable to charge me.

I stopped connecting to live, played only SP games for a while but today I connected to see if I could download some stuff from the marketplace and realized I still have Gold.... I know I have been getting emails saying they were unable to charge me and they will cancel my subscription but apparently it hasn't happened yet.

Anyone familiar with what happens now? can MS mail me a bill later for the past few months? can they lock my gamertag or something?

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

My credit card was gonna expire back in february so instead of going through the trouble of calling someone in India to get it cancelled I just didn't do anything hoping it will set me back to silver as soon as they were unable to charge me.

I stopped connecting to live, played only SP games for a while but today I connected to see if I could download some stuff from the marketplace and realized I still have Gold.... I know I have been getting emails saying they were unable to charge me and they will cancel my subscription but apparently it hasn't happened yet.

Anyone familiar with what happens now? can MS mail me a bill later for the past few months? can they lock my gamertag or something?

alfredooo

umm normally with credit cards they send you a new card without doing anything... so maybe your card is still being charged

DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

If your card has expired, ofcourse microsoft cannot debit your account as the "expirydate" on the card would have changed. What will happen is that they will soon suspend your account and you'll no longer be able to connect to Xbox Live (Not even as a silver member) until you pay off your subscription.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
If you and many others went to the trouble of reading the terms and ocnditions in detail you would have seen that they say youre subbed until such a time as you cancel it doesnt say you'll go silver if you just let you card expire as all youre doing is not updating your payment details which basically means you are still subbed but you arent paying so your account will be suspended ... its not that much effort dude