xbox live gold 2 months for $2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -

Will microsoft keep billing after my two months are over, or is there a way to turn off auto renewal?

#2 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

I don't think there policy changed, so most likely they will. After the nightmare I had with putting a creadit card on there I will NEVER do it again, not even for MS points. There is a reason that deal is online only, so you put your credit card on there.

#3 Posted by mucgoo (317 posts) -
I've found that you just needed to phone them up free-phone at the end of 2 months and you can have it all cancelled within 5-10 minutes.
#4 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -
I can just cancel auto renewal online right?
#5 Posted by NJGIANTSNY (305 posts) -
i would get them on the phone and speak directly to them n cancel it.
#6 Posted by Fletcher_Hawkes (484 posts) -

I can just cancel auto renewal online right?Bluski

From my experience, you have to actually call in and good luck getting someone you can actually understand

#7 Posted by Witchsight (12143 posts) -

I can just cancel auto renewal online right?Bluski
I recently had 1 month for 1$, turned auto-renewal off and waited to see what would happen when it expired. Gold was cancelled and i wasnt charged anything. It wouldnt hurt to call i guess but in my case everything worked fine.

They make you jump through a few hoops to turn off auto-renewal online, but they were just pitiful attempts at keeping my interest :p

#8 Posted by Aaron89 (3377 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bluski"]I can just cancel auto renewal online right?Witchsight

I recently had 1 month for 1$, turned auto-renewal off and waited to see what would happen when it expired. Gold was cancelled and i wasnt charged anything. It wouldnt hurt to call i guess but in my case everything worked fine.

Yeah, you can simply do it online (instructions below):

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/subscription-management/cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

There should be no issues with turning it off shortly after you purchase the two-month subscription.