XBOX Live: Can't Connect to a Friend Who Lives in My Nieghborhood

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by R0SSMATHIS (452 posts) -

How come I cannot connect to a friend while playing Call of Duty 4 and join his party? He can't join my party either. The only way it works is if a friend of ours starts a party and invites us both.

#2 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

It could be one or your routers/modem is causing the problem, and the way it filters the data from Live.

Unfortunately I don't know the technical side enough to fix those issues. When you run the Xbox Live connection test, check that neither of you report Strict/Moderate NAT, or see if it flags up any potential problem areas

#3 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -
Pretty vague, can you give us an error message? What does it say is the problem.
#4 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -
Its most likely that your nat is not set to open i find that is that is the problem most of the time people cant connect with each other and i dont know how to change
#5 Posted by R0SSMATHIS (452 posts) -
I checked that....my NAT is currently "Open". So what else could it be. There is not an error code, or else I would supply you with one. I simply cannot connect to him in Call of Duty 4. He says his end is also "Open".
#6 Posted by PsyGunWulf (39 posts) -
I have the same problem. Someone told me it has something to do with the port and that I need to go to a website called portforwarding.com to fix it. Have yet to try it though.
#7 Posted by Dredg11 (1266 posts) -

How come I cannot connect to a friend while playing Call of Duty 4 and join his party? He can't join my party either. The only way it works is if a friend of ours starts a party and invites us both.

R0SSMATHIS

It means you and that specific friend have NAT or other router settings that are conflicting with eachother.

#8 Posted by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -
[QUOTE="R0SSMATHIS"]

Dredg11

It means you and that specific friend have NAT or other router settings that are conflicting with eachother.

Im pretty sure this is it^^^

i reccomend asking your freind about his settings and his NAT

#9 Posted by gogeata1 (1 posts) -
i cant connect to my friends xbox live party but i can connect to other partys but when im playing cod 4 and want to go in to a party i just cant connect i was able to get in to partys before playing cod 4 and now i just cant.
#10 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36775 posts) -
im going to guess one of your NATs is stricter than the other
#11 Posted by karlwinsloe (1 posts) -
i am also having the same problem and ive read all the replies on this thread but does anyone know how to fix the problems on the router?
#12 Posted by barneyrubs (163 posts) -

i'm having the same problem, this is the best info i've found but still cant get mine to work:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-xbox360.htm