XBOX + KSA + UAE + USA = Problem !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -

it all started last year ... i bought the Xbox360 from United Arab Emarats ( from VIRGIN megastores ) and the system was the American version , i said its ok the NTSC games is available in Saudi Arabia also ( SA its where i live ) and so it all happened and after a few months .. every thing was doing great untel the RROD ( Red Ring Of Death ) came , and my dear Xbox was dead .. I took it to the Microsoft Xbox company here in SA but they said "the USA version can only be repaired in USA" and i guess you know how far USA from KSA , ( I got a PS3 so its OK but seeing my Xbox under the dust is not acceptable ) so i went to a game shop and they said that they can repair it for about 130$ (500SR) but a nice man working in there warned me that the part is not the original and may fail again in few days and its just a waste of money ! so i went home with my XboX360 not working and till now I'm looking for a way to fix it ( some friends told me that I need to put the console in a plastic bag and turn it on untill its really hot and then turn it off and the problem will be solved ?!?! ) ...

#3 Posted by DarkRider23 (1753 posts) -

Your problem for buying an American one.Shade-Blade

Good job posting the most useless post of the entire day. Was he asking what his problem was? He was asking if there is anyway to fix it. Good job wasting my time and his, not to mention your own.

I suggest opening it up and seeing if you can spot what's wrong with it.

#4 Posted by Shade-Blade (4930 posts) -
Your quote was just as useless :roll:
#5 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -

It's all right guys :) actually I really tried to open it but I found no screws and no other way to open it ( although i opened a lot of consoles and computers and devices of all kinds ) if it happens you know how to open it , then I'm ready for some breaking ! :twisted:

#6 Posted by Cujo31 (2873 posts) -
You can find out how to open it online but that wont get you anywhere....in fixing it that is. The only thing i can think of is try calling microsoft in USA and tell them about your situation...see what they say. I'm sure they wouldnt want to loose a customer. no matter where you are in the world.
#7 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -

I really hope so , but it would be really expensive calling from the other side of the world

#8 Posted by I_munawar (3 posts) -

Yo, where do you live in Saudi Arabia?

I know where you can fix ur 360 in Riyadh

#9 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -

I live in Abha\Asser , there are some places where they say they can fix it but with a bad part ( no genuine parts out of microsoft ) so it will break soon AGAIN !!

#10 Posted by I_munawar (3 posts) -
My friend got the RROD on his 360 around 6 months ago. He gave it to a gameshop in Tahlia in riyadh, called Game Masters, and they fixed it, guarenteeing that the RROD wold not happen again. I think they only charged him around 250 SR, and his 360 has been perfect up until now. If you don't want to give it to a gameshop, you can try fixing it youself with the x-clamp method. Just google it.
#11 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -
Thanks Munawar , in jeddah it costs about 500SR , i'll try the x-clamp method and if it didn't work i'll go to a gameshop and if nothing works i'll just sell it for a cheap price and then maybe a year later i'll buy another one !! :roll:
#12 Posted by pittongkid (606 posts) -
Hey I'm from KSA (Al Khobar) too, it seems like hope is indeed gone for you regarding the genuine parts and MS fixing it. But since you have a PS3 then it's all good. Just want to share this site with you, it's worth a long shot but if it works then hey all's good right? I just thought since there's no hope for your 360 and your PS3 is keeping you company anyway, you might as well try it.
#13 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -

thanks man , i'm doing the towel trick as i'm writing now , the x-clamp method didn't work but thank you any way .

#14 Posted by pittongkid (606 posts) -
good luck, hope you get positive results.
#15 Posted by Muhannad_basic (3687 posts) -
really? I thought the entire middle east used PAL? am from KSA too by the way, (Born in Ha'el) but also lived in Khobar, Jeddah, Riyad!! ;)
#16 Posted by noambartouv (717 posts) -
I suggest waiting till some relative or something is in US... and dont open it cause that voids warrenty.....
#17 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -
muhannad ,my xbox is NTSCbecause it came to the middle east before the PAL come officialy so i bought it , and i already opened the case because it was no hope ! and there is no hope i tried the towels thing and it didn't woek !!!
#18 Posted by ps2forever (580 posts) -
well, i woould take forever for you to recieve if you send it to america. i live in america, and already i have to wait up to 2-5 weeks. and already..i still haven't recieved mines..it's been more than 4 weeks now. so yea..your best bet is to go ahead and buy the new one ....waiting for it to be fixed is useless.
#19 Posted by GizmoSimo (2746 posts) -

it all started last year ... i bought the Xbox360 from United Arab Emarats ( from VIRGIN megastores ) and the system was the American version , i said its ok the NTSC games is available in Saudi Arabia also ( SA its where i live ) and so it all happened and after a few months .. every thing was doing great untel the RROD ( Red Ring Of Death ) came , and my dear Xbox was dead .. I took it to the Microsoft Xbox company here in SA but they said "the USA version can only be repaired in USA" and i guess you know how far USA from KSA , ( I got a PS3 so its OK but seeing my Xbox under the dust is not acceptable ) so i went to a game shop and they said that they can repair it for about 130$ (500SR) but a nice man working in there warned me that the part is not the original and may fail again in few days and its just a waste of money ! so i went home with my XboX360 not working and till now I'm looking for a way to fix it ( some friends told me that I need to put the console in a plastic bag and turn it on untill its really hot and then turn it off and the problem will be solved ?!?! ) ...

m-m-f
tl;dr
#20 Posted by pittongkid (606 posts) -

muhannad ,my xbox is NTSCbecause it came to the middle east before the PAL come officialy so i bought it , and i already opened the case because it was no hope ! and there is no hope i tried the towels thing and it didn't woek !!!m-m-f

I think your unit is really dead...better get a new one instead...sorry about the towel trick not working for you.

#21 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -
Its OK , i guess i'll just sell the remaining parts ( HDD , WL-HandController , Headset, cabels, ...) and maybe later i'll buy another one now i have a lot of other plans in mind and more less money :lol:
#23 Posted by Iraqi_Gangster (503 posts) -

It's all right guys :) actually I really tried to open it but I found no screws and no other way to open it ( although i opened a lot of consoles and computers and devices of all kinds ) if it happens you know how to open it , then I'm ready for some breaking ! :twisted:

m-m-f

Opening the 360 is abit advanced, the exterior has no screws only the steel case. Just check youtube for some instructions.

#24 Posted by Iraqi_Gangster (503 posts) -
Also you should've known that ME adopts PAL systems so any NTSC is imported.
#25 Posted by Hawkeye747 (636 posts) -

Also you should've known that ME adopts PAL systems so any NTSC is imported.Iraqi_Gangster

and you should have known this question was from Dec 10 2007!

#26 Posted by Iraqi_Gangster (503 posts) -

[QUOTE="Iraqi_Gangster"]Also you should've known that ME adopts PAL systems so any NTSC is imported.Hawkeye747

and you should have known this question was from Dec 10 2007!

I dunno the topic appeared on the 360 forum list while was browsing probably some glitch