Xbox holiday bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 FuccBoii
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Microsoft launched an xbox 360 holiday bundle. It includes the latest xbox 360 model, 500GB Hardrive, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. This bundle costs $250.00. I'm a big fps fan, and xbox is my favourite console. I currently have no video game consoles whatsoever. I know i'll like the 360 because i love cod, halo, gears of war, and other games i enjoy such as gta 5, left for dead, skyrim, forza motorsport, kameo, and more. I know that microsoft is going to keep the xbox live on 360 until 2016 if i'm not mistaken. I also heard that 100 new games for the 360 will have been released between now and 2016. My question is: should i get the 360 holiday bundle, and enjoy the xbox 360 experiance, or should i pay 349 and get the xbox one? I know i'm going to like the 360 already because i've played many of its titles before, I know I'd enjoy the games, all the space, netflix, youtube, etc. Let me know what you think, what would you do if you were me? I would be grateful to receive any input, thanks.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Good luck with your decision, it seems that based on your tastes, either choice will be fine. Sorry I cannot really help you because many other factors come into play in such a decision.

However, I will say that I noticed you mentioned a lot of games that appear to be online games and you mentioned you are a big FPS fan. I don't know what the online population for those games are for the 360, but it's safe to say that with the upcoming COD Advanced Warfare and Halo MCC(compared to individual 360 Halo titles), the online population for those games will likely be more active on the Xbox One, and overall online is better on Xbox One...for example Forza 5 and Horizon 2 run on dedicated cloud servers, and the voice chat quality on Xbox One is better than the 360 as the codec was upgraded. I'm sure you will not have any issues finding people playing online on the 360, but it will probably be people who have had the console/game for a while, whereas on the Xbox One it will be a lot of people experiencing the game for the first time, as you would be.

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FuccBoii
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Thanks. I have a lot of experience on xbox 360 actually, despite not owning one, I managed to get very well experienced with gears of war, playing online at friends's houses. Gears of war is one of my favorite game series ever. I would also play gta 5 online, halo, cod, and other games. I have a lot of 360 experience, both online and offline, and I would fit in with xbox live community quite nicely. I just don't know if I should indulge in it. I know it would be awesome, but the xbox one is supposedly much smoother online, and it has more of a future than the 360

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@fuccboii said:

@Alucard_Prime: Thanks. I have a lot of experience on xbox 360 actually, despite not owning one, I managed to get very well experienced with gears of war, playing online at friends's houses. Gears of war is one of my favorite game series ever. I would also play gta 5 online, halo, cod, and other games. I have a lot of 360 experience, both online and offline, and I would fit in with xbox live community quite nicely. I just don't know if I should indulge in it. I know it would be awesome, but the xbox one is supposedly much smoother online, and it has more of a future than the 360

no I would just pay more and get the X1. The 360 is on its way out and the X1 is on its way up. Soon there will be many games that are only playable on X1 and you'll be kicking yourself for buying a 9 year old console.