Xbox Disc Ring Scratch: Any Way To Fix?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

I know this probably sounds stupid, but that thing happened to me today were the xbox disc gets a massive ring of scratches round it and it really frustrated me as I was really enjoying the game. Is there any way to "un-scratch" the disc? Or will I have to buy a new disc which I really don't want to do...

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Did you drop your console? But yeah if it's the 360 doing it normally you can complain to M$ and get a new one for free probably. You can't fix it normally so either call M$ or get a new disk.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
No man sorry. Do what i did and go to Gamestop. They gave me another one free.
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

once those scratches are there they dont go away.. have u tried installing your games? Thats supposed to help.

MrSpacely202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrSpacely202
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
If you have a warranty with GS, go get a new one. If you dont, one solution I tried was toothpaste. Yeah I know it sounds funny but it actually works and there are youtube vids to show you what to do. My Black Ops had th perfect ring but when I applied a little Crest to it, it worked again.
Shoot2kill1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shoot2kill1989
Member since 2009 • 4015 Posts

Try taking it into your nearest videogame store and ask them to put it in there disk cleaner, depending on how bad the scratch is they may bee able to remove the scratches and its pretty cheap aswell and if your lucky they may do it free of charge, especially if your a regular customer

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

well first you see what gamestop says. if they cant fix it, I recommend taking the disc (in the case) to Walmart and tell them you want to exchange it. say "it came this way and doesnt work in my xbox, i just want to exchange". Odds are, they'll do a swap for you. lol

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#8 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
No man sorry. Do what i did and go to Gamestop. They gave me another one free.rangegear
Depends on the GameStop. I've worked at two GameStops and it often depends on how the managers are feeling that day. If you purchased it from them recently, then they may replace it for you.