This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Exiled_Paladin (52 posts) -

Although the X1 has a bit weaker hardware than the PS4, can the Xbox Cloud implement higher resolutions into games with cloud computing? Also can they use the Xbox Cloud for artificial intelligence?

I don't know want any stupid troll responses. Just some honest answers.

#2 Edited by gagit811 (3608 posts) -

The main problem with the cloud is developers have to program games with offline and online in mind. So if in theory they could push some of the complex AI and background compute cycles to the cloud, the could free up the main cpu focus on other things like gfx and frame rates. But what happens when the X1 isn't connected to the internet? Does the game downgrade in quality because the cloud isn't available?

The cloud has been the major push of technology over the last few years, but I'm not sure if we will truly benefit from it other then AI drivers in forza.

#3 Posted by sailor232 (4835 posts) -

@gagit811 said:

The main problem with the cloud is developers have to program games with offline and online in mind. So if in theory they could push some of the complex AI and background compute cycles to the cloud, the could free up the main cpu focus on other things like gfx and frame rates. But what happens when the X1 isn't connected to the internet? Does the game downgrade in quality because the cloud isn't available?

The cloud has been the major push of technology over the last few years, but I'm not sure if we will truly benefit from it other then AI drivers in forza.

Oh man, always online would had been awesome, not like most consoles are ever offline anyway.

#4 Posted by SexyPorkins (1219 posts) -

This is why MS originally wanted to have an always online console, and then online forums had a massive meltdown and they backed off. We lost a lot of amazing features and future possibilities because of this (i.e. family and friends game sharing, in theory cheaper digital games as MS would have taken some power out of retailer's hands, and future advanced implementations of the cloud). Never overestimate the stupidity of people and their mob mentality. There inability to research and think for themselves, killed some great ideas.

#5 Edited by doubalfa (6845 posts) -

MS has always been ambiguous about the clud capabilities, so I don't know the extent or the reach the feature has, I wish a couple more games at launch used it's capabilities in different fashions just to taste a bit of the possibilities.