XBOX 720 POLL: Always Online

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22616 Posts

leaning towards this not happening... The xbox will be released in two pieces. A Durango next gen xbox, that will allow for offline play and a secondary unit that will allow backwards compatibility with xbox360 and streaming functions that WILL always be online.  It will be an impressive offering and quite capable of playing all next generation games... The always online rumors will be dead on May21st and Microsoft will be hammered with a legitimate problem... They don't make exclusive games anymore and their franchises that are successful have been beaten to death... My next generation decision wont be based on always online, because its not happening... it will be based on who caters games to ME the best.

Read this...

mikkemans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mikkemans
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

How do you look into this feature from microsoft? Don't forget to comment why

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
I'm buying it anyway I have always loved microsoft. I use windows and i have an xbox. I could kiss bill gates for giving me such wonderfull technology (i'm not joking). I'm sure old bill will make us a nice system.
MikeLirette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 MikeLirette
Member since 2005 • 4697 Posts
To be completely honest, I'm really sick of Microsoft. I've had nothing but trouble with my 360 since I got it. First of all, they gave me a lot of trouble when someone stole my account, and it took forever to get my credit card information off of my old system, because they had some "database" error... hours on the phone with them? Just not worth it. And then when this news came out, IF it is true, just seals the deal. I will be buying Sony's new console, and maybe in the VERY late future, I would pick up a 720 (or whatever it will be called.) The always online thing is a big deal for me because I'm moving for school to a place where I may not have full access to the internet. So I wouldn't be able to play my games... that doesn't sound like a good time to me. 4 years of not gaming? No thanks Microsoft.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm buying it anyway I have always loved microsoft. I use windows and i have an xbox. I could kiss bill gates for giving me such wonderfull technology (i'm not joking). I'm sure old bill will make us a nice system.evildead6789

me too

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

The always online is just a rumor, it's also a rumor that a always online connection is not needed. If I buy one it will be because of the games and features. IMO the PS4 will require the same amount of internet connection as the next xbox! We will see in a couple months.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Online only = no buy. If I don't have to be online all the time then I'll get the next Xbox as long as they have good games coming.
WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

Bill is losing himself in his money, i'm not at all interested in the next Xbox, instead I will apply my time to a gaming PC.

Aleperez75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 Aleperez75
Member since 2005 • 494 Posts
The Always online features is only for the Xbox for the tv features the next Xbox will have and not for gaming. So i'll buy IT as my friends will have Xbox, the controller in Xbox has been better, and third I want to support the American industry and I don't want my money going to Japan..
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Think I might pass on Microsofts gimmicks and privacy invasion this time around.

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Aesthete18
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

Xbox 360 already had so much problems with the RROD and then they charge membership for online play. PS 3's online is free. Sure, they had that hack thing which was unfortunate but that was an outisde problem. I'm now questioning my decision of buying two 360s. If they keep this online thing, it'll sure make my decision to switch to Sony a lot easier.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#12 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

I'll buy the Xbox 720,but only after a few months after release.I don't want the Red Ring of Death.I suggest everyone do the same.

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

Bill Gates doesn't work at Microsoft guys.

The always online feature doesn't apeal to me, especially if I want to play somewhere without easy internet access.

I'm not planning on upgrading anytime soon since I just dumped money into a PC but maybe in the future if it has some awesome exclusives or enough of my friend upgrade, then maybe I will too. I do like the sound of the Playstation though too so who knows.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
If I was still living back home I would definitely buy it regarding the always-on feature (I'm really more worried on if it's going to be a gaming console with loads of other entertainment, or entertainment with some games). Right now I have a rare Internet connection, thanks to my neighbor, and when I get my beautiful, sweet, awesome girlfriend and I out of our current residence and into an apartment, I don't know how long the ole 360 will be without LIVE. If I can't afford Internet for the next, I don't know, year or so then what would I do?
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i hope not, if the DRM and always online is present, then it would suck big time
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Anyone puts up with always online is IDIOTS. There is NO benefit for consumers IF your console bricks just because of the internet.
wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

I really doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot like that. I'm not interested either way though. Don't like the way the operate the xbox brand it wasn't bad the first few years but it's gotten progressivly worse and I refuse to pay to play online.  They change some major issues I have with the brand and I might pick it up. But I really don't see that happening. Who knows though we'll just have to wait and see what they have to offer.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I see no reason why the console should require an Internet connection to play single player games, that's the part I have an issue with. XBL went down the other day but I could still play DMC all I wanted. If the rumours are true, I wouldn't have been able to play anything on 720 until MS fixed the problem on their end.
fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
If you can't play it offline, then it's an automatic FAIL. Cause what if I couldn't play it on vacation (yes, I should be enjoying the vacation) and I wanna play some games at the cabin up North here in MN? I would be pissed. If you can't enjoy it online/offline, then they won't get my $.
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#21 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
Being a gamer I will end up buying this no matter what
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
if xbox 720 have always online i never buy it
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
If it's always online I won't buy it. If not, I'll consider it, but paying for online multiplayer is a bitter pill to swallow.
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

The PS4 looks great and all, but the next Xbox will surprass PS4 just like 360 did to PS3. I don't give a flying damn if the PS3 has more exclusives. Xbox may have less exclusives, but all of them are big franschies that beat the same genre of game on PS3. For instance, Halo over Resistance/Killzone Forza over Gran Turimo, Fable (used to be great), Gears of War itself is just a monster series (apart from Judgement).

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

the next Xbox will surprass PS4 just like 360 did to PS3.

XboxGuy1537
In what way did the 360 surpass the PS3?
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

I'm not buying... I am disappointed with always online but that not the only reason. I think MS abandoned 360 half way through it's lifecycle... I'm not going to trust them anymore. Also paying for playing online is a joke. I'll switch to PS4 and Wii U and I already own PS vita and 3DS

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

The next Xbox is already on shaky ground with me without a mandatory internet connection being needed, and if it was required it'd be the final nail in the coffin for my decision to not purchase the console. If this happens I'll be moving to other platforms. 

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I'll buy the Xbox 720,but only after a few months after release.I don't want the Red Ring of Death.I suggest everyone do the same.

brimmul777

If you don't want RROD or whatever the new problem will be then you might want to wait at least few years.. not months, lol.

Anyways.. the "always online" doesn't bother me. I'll probably get it fairly soon after it comes out.

WH0MP11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 WH0MP11
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Hey guys, I have petitioned to Microsoft's Communications Director against the inclusion of "Always-Online" feature in the upcoming console.

Here's a link to the petition, spread the word my friends, so that MS learns what consumers are thinking of this news.

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-don-t-mandate-the-always-online-feature-to-play-games-on-next-gen-xbox

Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#31 Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

As long as it doesn't block used games it won't affect me. Although I can understand this is a big concern for people in places/countries with unstable internet connection.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

The majority of the people saying they won't get it....will get it regardless.

StarZPred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StarZPred
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
MS can go suck my nuts if always online, I'm not buying it.
AngelSerenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AngelSerenade
I hope it doesn't require online connection to play all games (including single player games) people like myself, my internet isn't reliable, it cuts off randomly at times (not often) and when it does, I'd like to still be able to play my Xbox.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#35 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I hope it doesn't require online connection to play all games (including single player games) people like myself, my internet isn't reliable, it cuts off randomly at times (not often) and when it does, I'd like to still be able to play my Xbox. AngelSerenade
I agree. I just hope Microsoft does something fair for the fans.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I have to say no as of right now, but this could change when I see the system later this month. I am not a big fan of the always online feature. I think it is a huge mistake by Microsoft if they think this is the way to go to prevent piracy and used games for being played on their system.
Avatar image for Cosmic-Demigod-
Cosmic-Demigod-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cosmic-Demigod-
not interested in the next xbox at all, MS doesn't give a crap about gamers. making me pay to play online, less and less exclusives. screw that
-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
I don't want to buy it if it's always on. And that will make me a sad puppy.:(
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#39 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The always online is just a rumor, it's also a rumor that a always online connection is not needed. If I buy one it will be because of the games and features. IMO the PS4 will require the same amount of internet connection as the next xbox! We will see in a couple months.

rrjim1

Sony killed that rumor...so don't go there!  Anyway, if the rumor is true concerning MS, I won't be going next-gen with them.

RachetyDomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RachetyDomo
I might buy it after it gets the bugs out
LAN7ERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LAN7ERN
Member since 2013 • 352 Posts
If they would make the Xbox 720 always online it would make me not want it.
KeroseneMarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KeroseneMarley
I'll still get it, it doesn't really bother me, it's not a great idea, however.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm buying anyway as I don't see what the big deal is.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I don't so mind the always on-line because both my PS3, 360, laptop, phone and iPod could be classed as always on-line what I am worried about is it being a always on-line required. if so not going to be getting one at all.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
I'm buying anyway as I don't see what the big deal is.shaunchgo
It's not a big deal. People are naive.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
[QUOTE="shaunchgo"]I'm buying anyway as I don't see what the big deal is.firefox59
It's not a big deal. People are naive.

People are not that naive this always online rumour is in connection with the rumour that if your internet drops you will not be able to play your games even the single player aspect of the game. I for one will not want a console that will refuse me to play my game that I paid for on the console I paid for, because my internet has dropped, internet is going to slow to connect or server maintenance. Your the one that's naive to just take it as it comes and bend over for Microsoft
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
This feature may not matter much to people in major cities, but in other countries or even over half this country with slower or inconsistent internet....well, let's just say it would be a very stupid move by MS.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Microsoft is trying hard to be an entertainment system than a games console. 

This always online feature would streer me towards not getting it as of now.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#49 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

I think the alway's online is a bunch of bull s*it.It's a bs rumor.Just one rumor for people to turn away from Microsofts new console.A fvcking lie.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

I'm always online anyways, so I don't care in the slightest.