Xbox 360 wireless controller wont connect to my 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SgtNumNum (1172 posts) -
I just got a new 360 wireless controller and after putting batteries in it and doing everything ur supposed to do. The thing will not connect to my 360. Every-time i hit the button the green light will just go around around and will not connect. I don't know what the deal is. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how did u fix it?I have tryed and try-ed to get it to work and it wont work. The batteries are brand new. I dont know if i should buy the battery pack that MS sells or not?
#2 Posted by CieranB (129 posts) -
You sure your doing this right, click the ( X ), then the small connect button on the top of the controller and last but not least click the button under the memory card slots on the xbox.
#3 Posted by SgtNumNum (1172 posts) -
Yeah i know im doing it right, what u said to do i did. I just dont get it. I just dont understand y it wont connect and its getting me a little angery lol. Thanks tho
#4 Posted by SgtNumNum (1172 posts) -
Finally after messing around with it somemore it finally connected. Thanks to responding. Im happy now. I thought i had a juck controller. Thanks again.
#5 Posted by summer_star17x (2683 posts) -
did you sync it? lol
#6 Posted by SgtNumNum (1172 posts) -
Well to be totally honest i forgot all about that little button on the xbox by the memory card slots LOL so that was the problem. I feel like an dumba$$ for forgetting that lol. Oh well it works now and i got the controller for 30 bucks brand new so im happy :D
#7 Posted by I-GoT-StEeZe (1 posts) -
ppenedhey dude the same thing is happeneing to me my conntroller wont connect and i have brand new batteries and ive tried everything idk what to do..
#9 Posted by Caddy (28709 posts) -
ppenedhey dude the same thing is happeneing to me my conntroller wont connect and i have brand new batteries and ive tried everything idk what to do..I-GoT-StEeZe
In the future, don't revive old threads please.

If you have a manual or a sheet of paper or whatever comes with the controller, I suggest reading that as it tells you how to sync up the controller to the 360. Basically, there is a little white button on the top of the controller, as well as a little white button beside the memory card slots on the 360, press both and it will sync up.