Xbox 360 Titanfall delayed to drive Xbox One sales

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PolyStomper (7 posts) -

What do you think of this? Crazy conspiracy theory or do you think it might have some truth to it?

http://polystomper.com/xbox-360-titanfall-delayed-drive-xbox-sales/

#2 Edited by gagit811 (3607 posts) -

The game looks good, but I'm not sure I'd buy a Xbox just to play it. The 360 version will have the bigger sells number because more people have a 360. They are betting big on titanfall so it seems plausible, but its only a 2 week delay. If the delay were a month or two then I'd believe it. 2 weeks isn't going to make too many people buy a new system if they weren't planning to buy one.

#3 Posted by dnmt (4 posts) -

I think it's obvious, yes. They probably also want to hold off the comparison pics for as long as possible which are likely to be unfavorable to the Xbone.

#4 Posted by iCurtis (21 posts) -

I think the game looks good for Xbox One but I do think 360 will get the most sales from it.

#5 Posted by cyloninside (609 posts) -

@polystomper said:

What do you think of this? Crazy conspiracy theory or do you think it might have some truth to it?

http://polystomper.com/xbox-360-titanfall-delayed-drive-xbox-sales/

highly doubt it. i bet if you asked the majority of gamers, they wouldnt even know there WAS a 360 version. the game has been marketed for XB1 from day one

#6 Edited by PolyStomper (7 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@polystomper said:

What do you think of this? Crazy conspiracy theory or do you think it might have some truth to it?

http://polystomper.com/xbox-360-titanfall-delayed-drive-xbox-sales/

highly doubt it. i bet if you asked the majority of gamers, they wouldnt even know there WAS a 360 version. the game has been marketed for XB1 from day one

I don't know last report was that the 360 version had the most pre-orders, wonder if that has now changed. Beta is out tomorrow... can't wait, some PC users already got theirs.

#7 Posted by rrjim1 (910 posts) -

@polystomper:

The pre-order charts I have seen for the US shows the pre-orders for the Xbox one way ahead of the 360.

#8 Edited by MechromancerNLD (9 posts) -

Really... damn!

#9 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

There's no proof that that's the case. If it were the same developer I'd be more suspicious, but honestly it's a next gen game, and the fact that it may take a bit longer to cram that next gen goodness into last gen hardware sounds credible. Just my two cents.

#10 Posted by dnmt (4 posts) -

@donalbane said:

There's no proof that that's the case. If it were the same developer I'd be more suspicious, but honestly it's a next gen game, and the fact that it may take a bit longer to cram that next gen goodness into last gen hardware sounds credible. Just my two cents.

It's funny because the game looks like ass even when maxed out on PC. It is decidedly last gen in the graphics department, which was to be expected since it's using the Source engine of all things.

#11 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

@dnmt said:

@donalbane said:

There's no proof that that's the case. If it were the same developer I'd be more suspicious, but honestly it's a next gen game, and the fact that it may take a bit longer to cram that next gen goodness into last gen hardware sounds credible. Just my two cents.

It's funny because the game looks like ass even when maxed out on PC. It is decidedly last gen in the graphics department, which was to be expected since it's using the Source engine of all things.

The AI for the Titans may be expensive in the Memory department. There's more to next gen than graphics.

#12 Edited by dnmt (4 posts) -

@donalbane said:

@dnmt said:

@donalbane said:

There's no proof that that's the case. If it were the same developer I'd be more suspicious, but honestly it's a next gen game, and the fact that it may take a bit longer to cram that next gen goodness into last gen hardware sounds credible. Just my two cents.

It's funny because the game looks like ass even when maxed out on PC. It is decidedly last gen in the graphics department, which was to be expected since it's using the Source engine of all things.

The AI for the Titans may be expensive in the Memory department. There's more to next gen than graphics.

I'm sorry but their AI and the grunts' AI is incredibly basic if not dumb straight out. There's really no excuse.

#13 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

Why would you want to play a next gen game on an outdated system in the first place? The obvious choice is to get an Xbox One for it.

#14 Posted by BattleSpectre (6229 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

Why would you want to play a next gen game on an outdated system in the first place? The obvious choice is to get an Xbox One for it.

A lot more people have an Xbox 360 compared to the Xbox One. People buy the game on the platform their friends play on so I still expect the 360 version to sell heaps.

#15 Edited by RvBFreak (10 posts) -

I think it's more of a move to combat piracy than anything. It's possible to pirate games on the 360, but not the Xbox One (not as of now anyways). I'm sure there are plenty of factors other than "polishing the game for the 360."