Xbox 360 strange colour problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Aaron10 (286 posts) -

Hello, I am having a problem with my 360. It seems like there are clouds in the colour. Like when you change 32 bit to 8 bit for example.

Thanks for any help

#2 Posted by FamiBox (5481 posts) -
...........??????????? wut?
#3 Posted by Aaron10 (286 posts) -

Example

For example the dashboard looks like the image in the middle instead the of the above image

#4 Posted by Cloud_in_midgar (489 posts) -
Is it not your TV? i dont think ive ever heard of this problem happening with the actual 360, sorry i couldnt be more help.
#5 Posted by Aaron10 (286 posts) -

No I am sure its not my Tv. If I shutdown the 360 and then put it on again after some minutes its back to normal. I don't have the problem all the time.

#6 Posted by killerfist (19888 posts) -

No I am sure its not my Tv. If I shutdown the 360 and then put it on again after some minutes its back to normal. I don't have the problem all the time.

Aaron10

what kind of TV do you have?

#7 Posted by Aaron10 (286 posts) -
Panasonic Hd ready 100Hz 32"
#8 Posted by killerfist (19888 posts) -

Panasonic Hd ready 100Hz 32"Aaron10

ah never mind. the reason why I asked was because my friend had an SD 50hz TV and it had washed out colours.

maybe has something to do with the settings on your TV and/or console?

#9 Posted by Tony_TurboD (1 posts) -
Hey, did you ever get this fixed? Mine's started doing exactly the same thing - 8-bit colours, no gradients. I've tried different cables (HDMI, component etc) and different TV sets to no avail.
#10 Posted by pogotheclown13 (2 posts) -
I know this is an old thread now, but it sounds like exactly what just started happening to my Elite. I wonder if you ever figured out what the problem was. I know it's not our TV - 47" Toshiba HD LCD, because DirectTV looks great still. But my 360 started up, looked fine and then after a few minutes, the color gradients vanished, replaced by poorly blended bands of color, with some fuzzing. I'm using an HDMI cable but I tried the Colorstream component and same problem. Sometimes, when I shut it down and turn it back on, it won't come back. The system powers on and the screen stays black. Any clues?
#11 Posted by elektrixxx (11804 posts) -
This just happened to me. Exactly as pogo said. Are we due for RROD of what?
#12 Posted by teadybeer (1 posts) -
So anyone got the solution? It looks like my X360 has the same symptoms. Is it the beginning of the end?
#13 Posted by sam3600 (1 posts) -

I had this problem but iv bought a hd vga cable and its fine now

#14 Posted by Urban_Flow (721 posts) -

I Don't Wanna Bust Yoour Balls....But My Friend Had The Same Exact Problem......And he Ended Up With RROD.....Im Not 100% Sure It's Gonna Happen To You But I'd Start Saving Money Or Start Wating For Your Next Payday For A New 360. :|

#15 Posted by Urban_Flow (721 posts) -

I had this problem but iv bought a hd vga cable and its fine now

sam3600

Really?....Wow Probably My Moron Friend Left It On All Night Or Something...Srry For The Incovienent Post.

#16 Posted by emmsee (150 posts) -

I just started having this same issue with the color depth (fogging, cloudy, because of reduced colors) a few days ago. MS won't do a free repair since it's not RRoD, hopefully I get that soon!

It's not a cable issue or TV issue, I have a PS3 & Wii also and HD cable and everything is perfect... 360 is on its way out. It's an Elite that I bought 2.5 years ago... I'm not even a heavy user of the system. MS is really screwing ppl by not standing by their product unless it's the specific RRoD issue... uggh.