Xbox 360 Slim Hardware Issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sub-Zero82 (490 posts) -

My original Xbox is freezing during gameplay on a regular basis, so it's time to get a Slim. However, I have seen some online reports of overheating issues where the system will give you a warning and shut down to allow for ventilation time.

Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone had any other technical issues with their 360 Slim? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Saberhearts (128 posts) -
What Original xbox do you have? is it a older version of the 360 Or the classic Xbox? coz it might just be worth seeing if you still have warrinty if its a 360
#3 Posted by Sub-Zero82 (490 posts) -

It's an older model 360. My original has already been through the extended warranty process and I got stuck with a refurb from MS that only had a 90-day warranty.

#4 Posted by Shoot2kill1989 (4015 posts) -

As i posted in a similiar topic recently i still think its to early to say whether this new machine is gonna be reliable or not however since it was released ive only read about a few problems that people have experiencedin these forums which hopefully are isolated cases but as much as i'd like to think microsoft have resolved all of the problems, i just cant see them having resolved them all

#5 Posted by BLAS1AN (3452 posts) -

The slim is the best designed console to date that addresses all the problems. what other choice do you have thats better then slim? just get it

#6 Posted by Sub-Zero82 (490 posts) -

OK, I can get a used Slim, only been used for no more than 2 months and only for Netflix for $200, yes or no?

#7 Posted by Silent_Ninja87 (1509 posts) -

OK, I can get a used Slim, only been used for no more than 2 months and only for Netflix for $200, yes or no?

Sub-Zero82

I don't know. I usually don't bother buying used systems just because I like having the warranties that come with a new system. If the person you buy the used console entered the serial number for the console on the site for their account then your screwed. So if it stops working you would have to buy a new console. I say spend the extra 100 dollars and buy a new slim console or buy the halo reach limited edition console for 400.

#8 Posted by Sub-Zero82 (490 posts) -
How long is the warranty on a new Slim? Is it longer than the standard 90 days?
#9 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -

One year. No more 3 year extended warranty for RRODs.

#10 Posted by 3rdbass (3292 posts) -

Just get the new 250gb Slim. I bought it and dl all my games to the HD and I haven't had an issue yet. If you don't dl the games I do notice that noise(which sounds like a hair dryer compared to the Jasper Jet Engine) which isn't horrible compared to older 360's but is still a little irritating.

#11 Posted by robert139 (1 posts) -
Bought the 250GB Xbox 360 S in August 2011. Red dot of death (RDOD) yesterday. Just under two years. Out of warranty. Seriously doubting Microsoft's hardware know-how. Won't be buying the new Xbox One. Lot of hype and not alot of substance AND likely two crap out under two years. I'd expect something I pay nearly $500 to have more than a 1 year warranty. They need to be putting three year warranties on these as standard. Secondary error code from console is 0033.
#13 Posted by Exiled_Badger (266 posts) -

My original Xbox is freezing during gameplay on a regular basis, so it's time to get a Slim. However, I have seen some online reports of overheating issues where the system will give you a warning and shut down to allow for ventilation time.

Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone had any other technical issues with their 360 Slim? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sub-Zero82
The slim is the best console yet. No it doesn't overheat, and no it doesn't shut down to allow time for it to cool down, because it doesn't overheat.
#14 Posted by Exiled_Badger (266 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sub-Zero82"]

Exiled_Badger
Why would you spend 200 dollars just to use it for Netflix when you could get Netflix on your PC for like 10 bucks a month?

My mistake. I see what you were saying.