Xbox 360 Slim 4GB

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Habsrule31 (92 posts) -
Can I use some of my USB Sticks has memory space to save games? How can I get more space instead of buying one of the hard drives for $130. Is there any other options or am I going to have to buy a hard drive?
#2 Posted by driftingsilvia (4089 posts) -

You could use a usb drive, but if you're gonna install games. You may as well just get a hard drive or trade the entire thing in and get a 250gb model.

#3 Posted by ristactionjakso (5670 posts) -

Well, a 4gb slim is $200.....

Where as a 250gb slim holliday bundle that comes with Skyrim and Forza 4 is $250.......

Anyways, yes you can use memory sticks to save. And if you have gold, you can use cloud storage.

#4 Posted by marcheegsr (2466 posts) -

I just baught a second hand 4g slim off someone for 100 with controller.

Works great thank god.

Im using a 14g usb, although the recent xbox live update now supports usbs up to 32 gb.

You could always use more then one also.

Be aware though. Some didn't work with my xbox. Check online to see which usb brands are comptaible.

I know vertabin isn't but I got a Scandisk and kingston data traveler and they both work.

#5 Posted by Habsrule31 (92 posts) -

Well, a 4gb slim is $200.....

Where as a 250gb slim holliday bundle that comes with Skyrim and Forza 4 is $250.......

Anyways, yes you can use memory sticks to save. And if you have gold, you can use cloud storage.

ristactionjakso
I got the slim a little while ago so I didn't have the option of that holiday bundle
#6 Posted by Habsrule31 (92 posts) -

I just baught a second hand 4g slim off someone for 100 with controller.

Works great thank god.

Im using a 14g usb, although the recent xbox live update now supports usbs up to 32 gb.

You could always use more then one also.

Be aware though. Some didn't work with my xbox. Check online to see which usb brands are comptaible.

I know vertabin isn't but I got a Scandisk and kingston data traveler and they both work.

marcheegsr
I have a Kodak 32GB one that I may use, just need to check if it will work now
#7 Posted by Agent-Zero (6196 posts) -
If you check amazon.com they have really cheap xbox360 HDD. just make sure it is for slim xbox. the only thing is you can't play games you download from XBL marketplace(like any old original xbox titles) but those are overpriced anyways. got a 320gb for 50
#8 Posted by Habsrule31 (92 posts) -
[QUOTE="Agent-Zero"]If you check amazon.com they have really cheap xbox360 HDD. just make sure it is for slim xbox. the only thing is you can't play games you download from XBL marketplace(like any old original xbox titles) but those are overpriced anyways. got a 320gb for 50

Thats fine I don't need those downloads. I just need something for space and online reasons. Thanks !