Xbox 360 Not Reading Disks Sometimes!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PossessedLemon
Member since 2006 • 680 Posts

Hey, I was wondering if somebody has any solution to my problem here, I'll describe it:

Xbox 360 95% of the time doesn't read disks, when it does, it reads them for around 5 minutes to 42 seconds being the lowest. I've sent it in before, and they returned it unchanged. It currently sits horizontal beside a window, so overheating is not a problem. No games, DVDs, or anything work. If I remember anything else, I'll post it later on.

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Hey, I was wondering if somebody has any solution to my problem here, I'll describe it:

Xbox 360 95% of the time doesn't read disks, when it does, it reads them for around 5 minutes to 42 seconds being the lowest. I've sent it in before, and they returned it unchanged. It currently sits horizontal beside a window, so overheating is not a problem. No games, DVDs, or anything work. If I remember anything else, I'll post it later on.

PossessedLemon

Okay...

What do you want me to do about it?

If you send me $50 via Paypal, I will ship you my magic wand to repair your console.

PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PossessedLemon
Well, I was hoping for somebody to help me, but by the looks of it, you're not somebody.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JohnWinger

Well, I was hoping for somebody to help me, but by the looks of it, you're not somebody.PossessedLemon

:lol:

Okay...

What exactly do you want someone on Gamespot's forums to do?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
at least offer some other options. i have a simular problem where mine locks up when loading certain games. well i would call M$ and get them to send you a replacement, im afraid thats now a £280 door stop.
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PossessedLemon

Alright. Wingy. I (PossessedLemon) would like for some kind person (obviously NOT you) to help me or suggest an option to aid me in my quest for a working 360.

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JohnWinger

Alright. Wingy. I (PossessedLemon) would like for some kind person (obviously NOT you) to help me or suggest an option to aid me in my quest for a working 360.

PossessedLemon

1. Open you manual

2. READ IT

3. Then Call Microsoft up.

The # is in the manual.

They will fix your console....OBVIOUSLY

PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PossessedLemon

I already said I sent it in, and they didn't fix it, and I've looked everywhere on the Xbox site, nothing helps me, and I can't find my manual. Now, if you don't have anything helpful, you don't need to post here.

sk8jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sk8jim
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
Are your disk scratched in any kind of way cause if they are than theres your problem.
sk8jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sk8jim
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
fingerprints on the disk can also cause it not to read
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PossessedLemon
Some disks are scratched in the tiniest bit, but that's not the real problem, as far as I know. The disks I've tried have been not scratched and some are heavily scratched. None work whatsoever, apart from the rare one that works.
tumulisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tumulisy
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

PossessedLemon
i know you your crishna
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PossessedLemon
And I always wipe off before use and put it in with my finger in the middle hole.
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
Umm where exactly did you get the "Xbox 360 95% of the time doesn't read disks" statistic, 'cause you're probably lying and you've got no proof for it so you have to proove it in order for it to be approved...but I know it'll end up not being true. :|
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PossessedLemon
[QUOTE="PossessedLemon"]

tumulisy
i know you your crishna

What? I'm not Crishna. :D
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PossessedLemon
Umm where exactly did you get the "Xbox 360 95% of the time doesn't read disks" statistic, 'cause you're probably lying and you've got no proof for it so you have to proove it in order for it to be approved...but I know it'll end up not being true. :|Flaming_Ape
Well, I made it up seeing as when I try to get it to work, It either works first try, or about 97 times in it finally works. It may have something to do with my xbox only working on first trys. Not sure though.
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PossessedLemon
Not sure if this helps, but when a disk is in and it's attempting to read it makes a kind of "Rrr Rrr" sound, and then stops for a few seconds, and repeats. After a while it frequently sounds like there is some kind of static or something in there...
tumulisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tumulisy
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
[QUOTE="tumulisy"][QUOTE="PossessedLemon"]

PossessedLemon
i know you your crishna

What? I'm not Crishna. :D

yes you are you is crishna
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PossessedLemon
No, actually I'm not. Seriously.
PossessedLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PossessedLemon
Could somebody please help? Even suggesting something if you are not completely sure may help, I'm open to anything!
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my old Xbox. Don't know what to tell you other than a) try and get a replacement Xbox360 or b) try a new system (I'm really tempted to go the PS3 route due to my fustrations with my last Xbox system)