Xbox 360 Fans Dont Work

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RyderSODMG (16 posts) -

When i copied halo 3 to the xbox 360 hard drive the fans spinned slower then when u play the game from the disc, Wont the 360 overheat??

#2 Posted by buddy_head (110 posts) -

it spins slower because since you installed the game to the hard drive, the console dosen't have to work as hard to run the game so it saves energy by lowering the fan speed

#3 Posted by DaMattGuy-360XL (108 posts) -
If you're concerned about it you could always put an inner-cooler fan on the back.
#4 Posted by ChocolateCake10 (759 posts) -

the fans didnt get quieter, i think you're hearing a noise level reduction from the dvd drive because the game is being played from the hard drive. feel free to correct me if im wrong

#5 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

cuz you are NOT supposed to install Halo 3 onto your harddrive. that is one game that has problems with the install thing.

#6 Posted by Heirren (15919 posts) -

My 360 will NOT shut down, or I should say that the fan never stops after powering down. I know I can simply unplug the console, but I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

#7 Posted by dovberg (3348 posts) -

360 games should all be quiet when installed.

#8 Posted by DJ_Magneto (4675 posts) -
#9 Posted by princecaspian38 (636 posts) -

most games will not run smooth on the xbox360 console if the cool fans oner buzz kill.8)

#10 Posted by UT_Wrestler (16378 posts) -
Lol you should choose the wording of your topic a little more carefully. Saying "XBox 360 fans don't work" sounds like saying "People who are fans of the xbox 360 don't have jobs".
#11 Posted by hardcoregamer92 (1124 posts) -

Well I know some of them are employed...

Yeah someone beat me to it.

#12 Posted by FenrirXero (173 posts) -

My 360 will NOT shut down, or I should say that the fan never stops after powering down. I know I can simply unplug the console, but I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

Heirren

Make sure that you have background downloads disabled and also make sure that you don't have any controllers connected that might be charging. If neither of those fixes the problem then I have no idea what's wrong. :/

#13 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (17995 posts) -

Damn, the title made me think xbox owners have no jobs.

(and apparently beat me to this joke by the dozen :P )