Xbox 360 Elite Pawn Shop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
i saw an xbox 360 elite at the pawn shop brand new not even opened yet for $220 im thinking about buying it but at the same time im holding back a lil. Stuff at pawn shops are known to be stolen.....so im thinking what if the xbox 360 elite is defective and i need to send it fix.....will i be the one who gets in trouble or what?? please help out!!
#2 Posted by stevo_511 (988 posts) -

For $220 Id buy it. As long as it comes with everything and get proof of your purchase. If it happens to break, you can send it to Microsoft for free and they will fix it for free. And if it's stolen, who's gonna know? Microsoft isn't going to know it's stolen. And if it is and some how you get caught. Just tell them you bought it from the pawn shop and show your reciept. But I dont think theres any way for them to know it's stolen. Go buy it!!!

#3 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
dont they keep record of stolen/lost xbox 360's like a list of serial numbers or something
#4 Posted by xa13xa17d312x (969 posts) -
I wouldn't risk it if I were you, just save up for a pro 360. It sounds fishy that it would be 220 and brand new.
#5 Posted by canadiankidd91 (680 posts) -

dont they keep record of stolen/lost xbox 360's like a list of serial numbers or somethingCartoon703

lol Microsoft's Most Wanted. :D

#6 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
shut up paper boy lol jk im soo tempted to buy it but man ionno im just afraid if its defective and i call to repair it and i give them the serial number they might be like "we're sorry this xbox 360 has been reported stolen, the fbi will be at your house in less than 20 seconds" rofl
#7 Posted by canadiankidd91 (680 posts) -

shut up paper boy lol jk im soo tempted to buy it but man ionno im just afraid if its defective and i call to repair it and i give them the serial number they might be like "we're sorry this xbox 360 has been reported stolen, the fbi will be at your house in less than 20 seconds" rofl Cartoon703

Paperboy 2 is one of my fav. games actually. Get the Elite because they are not as defective as the core (arcade) / premium (pro) whatever bundle you kids call it these days. miss the good ol' days of just Premium and Core. :D

#8 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
i heard they're AS defective as the premium was when it came out
#9 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
I'd get it, if it breaks you could probably just call...or maybe by the time it breaks you'll have enough money to buy a new one (since apparently a new SKU is coming out now)
#10 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
SKU???
#11 Posted by canadiankidd91 (680 posts) -

SKU???Cartoon703

too sku for u lol it means 360 model type thing like 360 premium/pro is a is one sku and the elite is another sku.

#12 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
well when is the new "sku" coming out....that will probably be defective too....its been 3 years now!!! they know what the problem is so why dont they fix it before shipping out those peices of shyt!! sorry for my language lol
#13 Posted by canadiankidd91 (680 posts) -

well when is the new "sku" coming out....that will probably be defective too....its been 3 years now!!! they know what the problem is so why dont they fix it before shipping out those peices of shyt!! sorry for my language lolCartoon703

its just a rumor going around about a new 360 with a bigger hard drive and wi fi and IPtv and such nothing really big and like i said its a rumor. It is said to be fall 08 but might even be later. Just get the elite man. It will be worth it! :D

#14 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
ok but if its defective and i get in trouble IF its stolen im blaming it on you lol
#15 Posted by pageiszepplin (712 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cartoon703"]SKU???canadiankidd91

too sku for u lol it means 360 model type thing like 360 premium/pro is a is one sku and the elite is another sku.

Stock Keeping Unit
#16 Posted by igoraraujo (232 posts) -
TRUST ME!!!!! DONT WORRY AND BUY IT!!! im not gonna get into details but its perfectly fine if u buy it and it doesnt work. send it to MS and they will fix it FOR FREE, no questions asked. they DO NOT keep track of serial numbers and THERE IS NO WAY of they knowing if it is stolen or not. DONT LISTEN TO THE GEEKY NO LIVES AFRAIDTO DO ANYTHING from this forum and buy it.
#17 Posted by KrYp7iC_X (154 posts) -
You're not liable for buying stolen goods. It's the product in the Pawn Shop, if anyone is getting in trouble it would be the Pawn Shop owner if he couldn't provide the name and info of the guy that sold it to him. So BUY IT.
#18 Posted by WiWinston (103 posts) -
Buy it! You can always sell it on eBay for twice that if you so choose........
#19 Posted by deadFalling (769 posts) -

i say get it

tag

#20 Posted by DarthKalo (902 posts) -

Most pawn shops do not buy new products because 99% of them are stolen, or someone could re-wrap them with bricks inside the box.

Are you sure the box has never been opened? That deal also sounds to good to be true/

#21 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
it didnt have plastic around it none of the xbox's do....and they opened the box and showed it to me...it was for $320 but since im good friends with the manager he's selling it to me for $220
#22 Posted by AsiZaNDragon (551 posts) -
Good friends with a pawn shop manager o_O!!!!
#23 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -

Good friends with a pawn shop manager o_O!!!!AsiZaNDragon

great way to get great prices lol

#24 Posted by Tree06 (3552 posts) -
Yeah go buy it. What do you have to lose?
#25 Posted by Shiozaki (594 posts) -
iif you dont buy it you are a retard not calling you one but i will if you dont do it.
#26 Posted by Cartoon703 (277 posts) -
lol i bought it...plays great.....hopefully it lasts past this week