Xbox 360 Disk Errors . help !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

ok My xbox says " unrecognized Disc " or this disc is unreadable error . I tried all my 25 games on it . it can play Orange box and Halo 3 with no problem . but it can't even play witcher 2 or Portal 2 ! or while playing NBA 2k14 i get unreadable in middle of the game . also when i put those disks xbox makes a bad noise ...

what is wrong with it ? is it the lens ? how can i fix it ? :(

help please i paid a lot for this games :/

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Sounds like your hard drive is going, if that's the issue you can either send it in to Microsoft (and pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed) or find someone that fixes consoles, which will cost much cheaper. Take it to one of those "console repair" places and have someone have a look and diagnose the issue for it.

If you want a cheaper fix, you could do some research and try fix it yourself.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Sounds like your hard drive is going, if that's the issue you can either send it in to Microsoft (and pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed) or find someone that fixes consoles, which will cost much cheaper. Take it to one of those "console repair" places and have someone have a look and diagnose the issue for it.

I Tried opening and cleaning the lens . it made less noise but its still the same :(

i son't think the problem is hard Drive . i think disc Drive has problems . hard Drive is fine

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@kingcrimson24 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

I Tried opening and cleaning the lens . it made less noise but its still the same :(

i son't think the problem is hard Drive . i think disc Drive has problems . hard Drive is fine

I apologise, when I posted that it was early into the morning hours. I didn't mean hard drive, disc drive was what I was meant to say. It depends how much the console means to you, you can buy a new one (360's are pretty cheap right now). Or get it repaired, I doubt you'll be able to fix it yourself without the proper knowledge.

xninjagrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5  Edited By xninjagrrl
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

Mines been doing this for about a year. Takes at least a dozen tries to get a game to play. It is definitely the disc drive. This has happened to 3 of my 360's now. Never had rrod though. I cant really go buy a new one because I need an optical out and the E's dont have one. Not too keen on getting a used S model either.

ThiscketCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 ThiscketCrab
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I had the same problem. If your disc drive is a samsung drive it is easier to repair. If it is a BenQ or a LiteOn then it is a little harder. Do you know what kind it is? If it is samsung just order a new drive and replace the logic board on the new drive with the logic board from the old drive and it should work with the new hardware. It worked for me!