XBox 360 controller for Tekken 6

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gr8scott (1008 posts) -

With Tekken 6 coming out in October, I have been looking to buy another controller that has a much improved D-pad. I am a big Tekken fan and have been playing the game since Tekken 2. Therefore, I have become accustomed to the playstation d-pad when it came to this fighting game. I love the ps3 d-pad becauseI know if I hold left on the d-pad, I'll move left and not up and left. The movement seems more accurate with a d-pad than a thumbstick or the awful d-pad on the 360 controller.

Don't get me wrong, Tekken 6 won't be 'unplayable' because of the xbox 360 controller, but I'd much rather have a more accurate d-pad for this fighting game because I plan on playing a lot of Tekken when it is released. Games likeSF4 and SC4 played well on the xbox 360 controller, but the controls felt much smoother on the ps3 with a playstation d-pad. Is there a xbox 360 controller available with a much improved d-pad? I have seen the Gamestop wired controllers with the normal d-pad. Is that a good controller for Tekken 6? I would like to know if anyone can recommend a controller with this feature. If I have to play Tekken 6 on the normal xbox 360 controller, I will. However, I'd much perfer a better d-pad.

#2 Posted by SpideR_CentS (4764 posts) -

Get a PS3 :P Joking, the best 360 dpad is on the Streetfighter IV controllers. Too bad they are wired :(

#3 Posted by ch2423 (1949 posts) -
I'd also recommend the SFIV controllers. I love mine and am even glad its wired. Works great with my laptop when playing Killer Instinct or any other MAME game.
#4 Posted by FlawlessSeasons (7718 posts) -

Street Fighter IV fight pad, best cheap fight controller I've ever used. Hard to find though, best bet is ebay or the amazon marketplace.

I even have to use the fight pad on my PS3, the dualshock's d pad is way too flush with the controller, not tactile enough. I was playing Tekken 5 with it today and it felt really good, the big flat buttons really lend themselves well to Tekken.

#5 Posted by Heartagram_03 (3553 posts) -

Awesome! I really disliked fighters this gen, not because I thought they were bad. Because of the D-pad on both controllers feel odd. Anyone know any retailers that sell these products? I would really love to get one so I can finally own on SFIV, DoA4, SCIV, and it's a must have for Tekken 6.

#6 Posted by FlawlessSeasons (7718 posts) -

I recently saw some at a best buy, but they're pretty hard to find now since they're limited edition. But really, just go to the amazon marketplace and order one from there. I just bought one for my PS3 for $29.99, 10 bucks less than what I originally paid for my 360 one.

#7 Posted by joesh89 (8489 posts) -

Get a PS3 :P Joking, the best 360 dpad is on the Streetfighter IV controllers. Too bad they are wired :(

SpideR_CentS

the ps3 ones may be wireless but they run off double AA batteries, and nothing else, due to the amount of time i spend using my 360 one, im glad its wired, and to the TC, have you thought about trying an arcade stick ?

#8 Posted by gr8scott (1008 posts) -
Thanks for the posts everyone. I'll keep a look out for a street fighter controller. I saw one at best buy the other day, I'll head over there on my lunch break tomorrow. To answer joesh89, no I haven't thought about trying an arcade stick. They are quite expensive though. I saw gamestop is selling a wireless arcade stick with tekken 6 if you reserve the game for $150. It just seems a bit too much for me.
#9 Posted by Furanko_Kun (1103 posts) -
[QUOTE="gr8scott"]Thanks for the posts everyone. I'll keep a look out for a street fighter controller. I saw one at best buy the other day, I'll head over there on my lunch break tomorrow. To answer joesh89, no I haven't thought about trying an arcade stick. They are quite expensive though. I saw gamestop is selling a wireless arcade stick with tekken 6 if you reserve the game for $150. It just seems a bit too much for me.

In my opinion, I think that's a steal. It's like paying 90$ for the stick and the game being 60$. Plus it's a Hori arcade stick. Now that's quality. But that's in my opinion.
#10 Posted by chaoz-king (5952 posts) -

Whats up with people using the D-Pad so much?

I never use it. Even on the PS3.

#11 Posted by gr8scott (1008 posts) -
If you read my original post chaoz-king, I use the d-pad often for fighting games only like Tekken and Soulcalibur. I have become to accustomed to using the d-pad for fighting games since Tekken 2.
#12 Posted by DerekKwok1 (10 posts) -

Haha, already preparing for Tekken's October release I see! I cannot wait either. You are right, the directional pad is horrible on 360. Let me know if the street fighter controllers are any good.