Xbox 360 Concerns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scott1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scott1313
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting an Xbox 360 soon, however I've heard reports that they are prone to freezing in-game quite often, and can get very warm after extended sessions of play. Are either of these true? I also read that a new or updated 360 with a 65Nm CPU is on the way, would it be worth holding off until this is released?
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts

First off yep there have been reports of both freezing and over heating but:

1) There are counter measures just keep it in a well ventilated place and there is also a trick about keeping the power brick suspended to stop it over heating but most is comman sense and i have had mine for months and not had a problem. People are always going to report / make threads about them going wrong than start threads saying .... "my 360 has never overhaeated" now aren't they!!! Just use your comman sense as i said!

2) There are rumours but nothing has been confirmed at all ... I can't see it happening till late this year if at all and think about all the 360 goodness you will be missing out on.

It's a great system and LIVE rocks do yourself a favour and buy one of these beauties you won't be upset I promise!

Danielr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Danielr2
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts
they dont freeze, mine has never frozen and it does get hot but mine has never overheated. Theres no point waitin for the 65nm cpu it will just run cooler wats the point wen 360 dont overheat unless its not well ventilated
SpartanMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SpartanMonk
Member since 2006 • 147 Posts
Mine has frozen a few times, but only when playign R6: Vegas.
V_Zarnold_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 V_Zarnold_N
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts
mine has only frozen once when i was playing oblivion
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#6 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
A few freezes, but name one console that has never frozen on anybody? Case closed...
epdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 epdug
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
when the 360 came out first there was a load of problems but most of its fixed now, its without a doubt the best console ever! go on treat yourself and be sure to get xbox live then you'll be sorted! :D
Scott1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scott1313
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Ok, thanks everyone for your advice, I'll definitely keep it in mind!

@ Anabub Gamer Tags are the name for people's LIVE accounts, right?
JediMoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 JediMoogle
Member since 2004 • 21123 Posts
I've only had a few freezes at the loading screen in Oblivion. But I usually hit a button or something so that could possibly be a cause of it.
bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
when it comes to this u just need to be lucky... i kept my system in a open space well ventilated.... and it still got the 3 rings of death.....some systems can stay good with people playing it for 10 hours non stop and on the other hand someone can be playing theirs 1 hour a day and it messes up.... sucks that it happens more then it should but hoefully with later models this will seize.... my 2nd systems hasnt been giving me problems... it freezes but only online so im guessing its just the online game and not the actual system... hoefully im right
bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
they dont freeze, mine has never frozen and it does get hot but mine has never overheated. Theres no point waitin for the 65nm cpu it will just run cooler wats the point wen 360 dont overheat unless its not well ventilated Danielr2
YOURS doesnt freeze.....
lombado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lombado
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting an Xbox 360 soon, however I've heard reports that they are prone to freezing in-game quite often, and can get very warm after extended sessions of play. Are either of these true? I also read that a new or updated 360 with a 65Nm CPU is on the way, would it be worth holding off until this is released?
Scott1313
I'm sick of these posts! Just buy one! It's not like every console has trouble somewhere down the road, right? shalom!