JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

So I haven't turned on the Xbox One since January. I finally got a reason to tonight when I got Sunset Overdrive, but right when I turned the Xbox One on, it wouldn't recognize me. I even recalibrated the Kinect and still failed to recognize me. I haven't changed a single thing setup wise in my room, didn't move the Kinect at all or anything.

I just said screw it and put my game in, and then it said it couldn't read it, to make sure I put in an Xbox One game disc, Blu-Ray or DVD. I tried with a DVD and it played, but it wouldn't play a Blu-Ray or Xbox One game disc.

I thought maybe it was an issue me having it off for so long, so I went to the settings to see if there was a way to update the machine, but it says no update is available. I know the thing's gone through several updates this year, so I found it really odd that it says there's no updates.

Anyone have ideas on what I can do?

EDIT: I checked the OS and apparently, it is up to date. I also got the Kinect recognition problem resolved.

EDIT 2: Apparently taking the disc out and putting it back in several times did the trick.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

It's punishing you for leaving it lonely for so long. Looks like you got your issues resolved, all I can add is hold the power button for 10sec or so that hard resets the system and fixes most bugs.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

This sounds like troll bait.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Call 1-800-4my-xbox and see what they say.You got nothing to lose.Good Luck.

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: Lies

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Call Microsoft I hope you get it fixed.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

The Xbox One is so similar to the PC I wouldnt doubt it was busy "catching up". If it hasn't been on in that amount of time it was probably downloading new store data and all kinds of little stuff updating from the cloud in the background which took power from normal processes.

If this is troll bait, you are a sad person.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JustPlainLucas

@mynamesdenvrmax said:

The Xbox One is so similar to the PC I wouldnt doubt it was busy "catching up". If it hasn't been on in that amount of time it was probably downloading new store data and all kinds of little stuff updating from the cloud in the background which took power from normal processes.

I really wish people would stop with this idea of troll bait. Not every customer can be happy with their product 100 percent of the time. I get how it sounds like it was troll bait because I said I haven't turned the thing on since January, but for me personally, the PS4 and Wii U were enough to keep me busy. The Xbox One simply didn't have anything exciting for me to turn the machine on until Sunset Overdrive. Hey, I'm playing the damn thing again, aren't I? Who gives a **** if it's troll bait or not? Sheesh...

Anyway, thanks for the answers everyone.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

@mynamesdenvrmax said:

I really wish people would stop with this idea of troll bait. Not every customer can be happy with their product 100 percent of the time. I get how it sounds like it was troll bait because I said I haven't turned the thing on since January, but for me personally, the PS4 and Wii U were enough to keep me busy. The Xbox One simply didn't have anything exciting for me to turn the machine on until Sunset Overdrive. Hey, I'm playing the damn thing again, aren't I? Who gives a **** if it's troll bait or not? Sheesh...

I apologize, I have PTSD from Sony fanboys lol. Seriously though, its a legitimate worry. You can't go anywhere on the internet and talk anything Xbox without some asshat coming in and trashing the console. Its even bled into Major Nelson's comments on his blog. I honestly didn't think your post was troll bait but I havent been active on the forums for so long, I saw someone in the thread earlier call it troll bait so I was cautious.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JustPlainLucas

@mynamesdenvrmax said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@mynamesdenvrmax said:

I apologize, I have PTSD from Sony fanboys lol. Seriously though, its a legitimate worry. You can't go anywhere on the internet and talk anything Xbox without some asshat coming in and trashing the console. Its even bled into Major Nelson's comments on his blog. I honestly didn't think your post was troll bait but I havent been active on the forums for so long, I saw someone in the thread earlier call it troll bait so I was cautious.

No worries. As I said, it get why it might have come across that way, but I had to bring up the fact that I haven't had it on months because I thought it was part of the issue. As it turns out, it was simply patching itself up it seems.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I know this is old, but my brothers Xbox One also doesn't read Blu-Ray discs sometimes, it asks him to make sure you put in an Xbox One game disc, Blu-Ray or DVD. Other times it reads Blu-Ray discs just fine.... it's quite odd to say the least.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JustPlainLucas

@BattleSpectre said:

I know this is old, but my brothers Xbox One also doesn't read Blu-Ray discs sometimes, it asks him to make sure you put in an Xbox One game disc, Blu-Ray or DVD. Other times it reads Blu-Ray discs just fine.... it's quite odd to say the least.

Yeah, my Xbox One is doing that again out of complete randomness. Sometimes it won't recognize Sunset Overdrive when I put it in after a Blu-Ray having played the game earlier on that same day. I have to take it out, put it back in, take it out, put it back in, take it out and put it back in for it to finally work. Makes no sense.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

It shouldn't do that even if it's patching. You might have a drive that isn't recognising things all the time if it was me I'd consider asking whoever sold it to me for a replacement just to be safe. The only problem you'll have is reproducing the problem.I know BattleSpectre has the same issue but it can't be common or this place would be flooded with complaints. I would take it back if that's an option.