xbone dvd playback issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

After thinkin it was my imagination after several DVDs, it's not. The audio is a split second later than the video. Has anyone else experienced this.

lilkarlh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By lilkarlh666
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

You aren't the only one who has this. The problem is with how you have the xbox one connected to your tv. I first had mine done through a sound bar subwoofer and that was causing the issue. It is essentially the xbox trying to bring it back in sync, but your system also trying to, if you keep watching it the audio will go from being in front to being behind and so on. They do no about it but whether they actually do anything about it is another matter. I spent a whole night on chat to them about it, trying to remedy it and in the end i spoke to a manager who finally admitted it is widespread.

The only answer i got was to wait for 2014 when many of the patches they have ready will finally go live and hopefully some of the problems will be fixed.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

DVD and Blu-Ray issues have been popping up in various forums. I guess an update will come sooner or later.

Other than testing it out once, I don't see myself ever using the DVD/Blu-Ray playback in the machine, so as to maintain the disc drive to last me as long as possible.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

Yep, very real Xbox One problem. I'm watching all my DVD/Blu-Ray on my PS4 until they manage to get playback and the general sound issues sorted.