X11 Dolby Digital headset

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

I've always played my games through the TV speakers, so I'm a newbie to gaming headsets.

I recently learned about Dolby Digital (see what I mean)

i learned that an update enabled Dolby Did it enable it for speakers or headsets?

Can someone explain this whole deal on what types of headsets get actual full Dolby digital?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm using Dolby Digital(7.1 Sourround) with my Astro A50 Headphones. They sound incredible, and they connect to the back of the Xbox One through an optical cable.

I'm no sound expert, but I would think that this applies to speakers as well. Many Turtle Beach headphones support Dolby Digital, and there several different brands out there that offer higher quality products. One of my favorite features about mine is that they operate on a 5.8 ghz frequency, which is different than what wireless routers work on. This is great because they are wireless and the router does not interfere with the headphone signal. With my older Turtle Beaches(2.4 ghz, same as routers) there would often be crackling noises. There are many out there to chose from now, lots of good reviews on Youtube helped me make my choice.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Evdne971

@Alucard_Prime: so you don't need to plug them into anything?

if it's all wireless then how do you chat if you need the Xbox one stereo adapter to talk to people

What about voice monitor?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Evdne971:

Yes you do need to plug the cable from the headphones to the mic controller adapter if you want to chat, otherwise they are 100% wireless if you are playing a game where no chat is required.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Evdne971

@Alucard_Prime: can't wait to get my hands on them!

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I'd get quality headphones if I were you. AKG or Sennheiser for the money. If you live in the States the holiday shopping season is just around the corner and Amazon almost always discounts these specific brands.